when a heat wave whip Spain With temperatures rising to sweltering levels, it’s time to whip up some unconventional tricks to stay cool and enjoy summer in unique ways. Here are 10 cooling tips that go beyond conventional advice to blow your mind and help you cope with the hellish heat.
1. Master the art of “strategic ice”: Place ice cubes in a bowl in front of a running fan. As the ice melts, the circulating air cools, creating a cool breeze. It’s like creating your own makeshift air conditioner!
2. Discover the power of cold handkerchiefs: Soak a paper towel in cold water, wring it out slightly, and place in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Then, wrap one around your neck to keep the pulse zone cool for immediate pain relief.
3. Make a “spa” for your feet: Soak your feet in a container of cool water and a little salt. Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil for an extra refreshing feel. This technique will help to cool the body faster because the feet have many sweat glands.
4. Turn your bedding into a refreshing masterpiece: Put the sheets in a plastic bag and refrigerate for a few hours before bed. When you go to bed, you will feel the coolness of ice wrapped in the sheets.
5. Drink hot beverages: Yes, it sounds counterproductive, but drinking hot tea can help cool you down. When you drink hot beverages, your body sweats more, which ultimately helps lower your body temperature. So try to have a cup of tea, but not too hot!
6. Illusion effect: create your own visual oasis: Placing mirrors on the walls of your home can give the illusion of a larger, airier space. Not only will this visually refresh your surroundings, but it will also distribute sunlight more evenly.
7. Cool pillows for a cool night’s sleep: Put the pillow in a pillowcase, then put it in a plastic bag, and put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes. On hot nights, sleeping on a cool pillow can help you fall asleep faster.
8. Try new foods: Eat foods with a high water content, such as watermelon, cucumber, cantaloupe, and grapes, to keep them hydrated in a delicious way. Also, try the homemade ice cream and sorbets, you’ll be surprised how easy they are to prepare!
9. Use your pulse points: Apply ice or a cold cloth to the pulse points of the body, such as the wrists, neck, elbows, and inside of the knees. These areas are sensitive to cold and help your body cool down quickly.
10. The Art of “Strategic Stripping”: If you’re at home, choose to wear as little clothing as possible, certainly without sacrificing modesty. Removing unnecessary clothing allows your skin to breathe freely, keeping you cool without turning on the air conditioner.
In short, when the heat in Spain seems unbearable, it’s time to think outside the box and try these amazing tricks to stay cool and comfortable. From trying ice pillows to creating your own visual oasis, these cooling tips will help you brave the hellish heat in unique and creative ways. Get ready to wow everyone with your clever way to spend the summer!