Are you determined to eat healthy and looking for quick and easy recipes? Thinking about what to eat has (almost) become your worst nightmare? The solution is as follows: Join the Green Leaf Team!Partnering with this food group will enable you to satiated, nutritious and diverse. the best? These are easy to prepare. It is enough for you to jot down a few tips so that they work best.
Properties of Vegetables: A Treasury of Health
There is no doubt that vegetables are very healthy gourmet treasures for the body and pockets! In terms of the properties they have, they’re oddly not the most popular of foods (we’ll show you how to change that below).this The presence of nutrients will vary Depends on the type of vegetable, but broadly, you’ll find:
- fiber. The presence of dietary fiber makes them ideal for promoting intestinal transit. Many of these also have a satiety effect, making them ideal for weight control diets.
- vitamins. They mainly contain folic acid, provitamin A and vitamin E. Their presence also depends on how they are cooked. Whenever possible, eat them raw.
- minerals. Potassium, magnesium, iron, and calcium are some of these minerals that help the body grow, develop, and function properly.
What is the difference between vegetables and greens?
In the end, whether out of comfort or ignorance, we end up generalizing and calling everything a vegetable.Just out of curiosity, we’ll tell you that from a gardening point of view, vegetables are all Products of the land grown in the garden They are not fruits Carrots, eggplants, onions, peppers, squash, radishes and zucchini are the most famous examples.
On its own, the vegetable would be any green part of the vegetable. Examples of vegetables in this case are lettuce, beets, spinach, celery, and cauliflower, from which we utilize flowers.
How to Cook Vegetables: Everyone Cooks
Since green leafy vegetables are rich in iron, magnesium and vitamin K, they are often recommended for protecting bone health and preventing anemia.Depending on the vegetable in question, it will work for you One way of cooking is better than another. Remember, depending on what you do, you can add extra calories.
- Lettuce, arugula, etc.. Great for salads, but also with pasta and beans.
- celery. Great with hummus, cream cheese, or tzatziki (yogurt sauce with Greek cucumber).
- spinach. Can be served hot or cold. If you don’t know how to sauté or boil spinach, don’t miss these spinach recipes.
- beet. They are delicious in stews and purees. Below you’ll find a delicious cake worth trying.
- cauliflower. In these cauliflower recipes, you’ll find lots of inspiration and the tips you need to avoid bad smells while cooking.
What can I do to eat more vegetables?
If you have barely tried vegetables so far, but you want to change this habit, we recommend that you introduce vegetables into your weekly menu Gradually.
- set a goal, try one vegetable per week. Find recipes that catch your eye and bring them to life.
- make them invisible Meatballs, croquettes, hamburgers, dumplings, Omelet or lasagna. It never fails!
- mask its texturecombine them with crunchy foods such as nuts, croutons, seeds, pine nuts or ham cubes.
- you can give them points Flavors of herbs, spices, garlic and flavored oils.
- fry them with onions, Carrot And A Little Leek. They are then cooked and chopped. You’ve got a delicious, nutritious cream!
How to store vegetables:
In principle, it is ideal to buy fresh vegetables. Since then, the vegetables in question have come into play.if Products that have been purchased in a package, you can pop them straight into the freezer since most are ready-to-eat. Of course, it is necessary to carefully check whether there are any bad ones, and control the shelf life.
if Bundle shoppingIdeally, you should wash them thoroughly before refrigerating. While they look nice, it’s no surprise there’s dirt and even some bugs. Of course, remove the unsightly ones. Here are the steps to follow:
- soak them Soak in a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. Then drain the leaves. You can dry them with a filter, absorbent paper, or a vegetable centrifuge.
- Finally, put them in a sealed bag Use a clean kitchen paper, which will absorb any moisture that may develop. You must change it if necessary.
- only left with exhaust air And consciously shut down. Write down the date so you don’t get lost, and the fridge!
After the theory is over, it’s time for practice.Although green leafy vegetables very healthy and very goodIndeed, there are some situations in which it is better to limit your consumption, such as if you take certain medications. If you have the freedom to sample them, don’t miss all of these vegetable recipes we suggest.