The World Health Organization, a branch of the United Nations Organization specializing in the management of policies of prevention, promotion and intervention in health care in the world, and to devote a special section in their web page to knock down some of the myth on the coronaviruses.
1. The World Health Organization (WHO) has been tasked to make it clear that the coronavirus COVID-2019 it’s a virus and not a bacteria, so antibiotics don’t work against it, but there are medications that can help in the treatment.
“What are the effective antibiotics to prevent and treat the new coronavirus?
No, antibiotics do not work against viruses, only bacteria. The new coronavirus (2019-nCoV), is a virus and therefore antibiotics should not be used as a means of prevention or treatment. However, if you are in the hospital by 2019 at the latest-nCoV, you may get antibiotics, but it is possible for the yeast infection”.
2. This organization ensures that even when there is no one medication that will help prevent or treat the coronavirus, but it does say that the researchers are working on this.
“There are specific medicines to prevent or treat the new coronavirus?
To date, there is no specific drug is recommended to prevent or treat the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
However, the people who are infected with the virus, should be given adequate attention to ease and treat the symptoms, and people with illnesses, serious consideration should be given to support the simplified. Some of the specific treatments that are being investigated and will be tested through a clinical trial. WHO are you helping to speed up research and development efforts, with a range of partners.”
3. In one of the myths most often mentioned concerning the coronavirus is the one that points out that only a handful of the population that is most vulnerable to infection, so that’s what the WHO has said that all industries are equally likely to suffer from this disease, but especially for those who have asthma, diabetes or heart disease.
The new coronavirus that affects older people, or younger people are also susceptible to it?
The new coronavirus can infect people of all ages to 2019-nCoV). For the elderly, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, and heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to severe illness with this virus.
The WHO recommends that people of all ages to take action to protect themselves from the virus, for example, by following good hand hygiene and good hygiene the breathing.
4. China is one of the countries with the most trade has occurred around the world, and because of this, there arises an important question about the packets that are being sent to and from the place where the rest of the world, it is not, however, know that you don’t take any risks when you you receive a shipment from that location.
“You are sure to get a letter or a package from China?
Yes, it is safe to use. The people who will receive the packages from China are not exposed to the risk of the new coronavirus. By the previous analysis, we know that coronaviruses do not survive for very long on objects, such as letters or packages.”
5. Prior to the arrival of the coronavirus goes beyond what you want, heat it to detect the affected people are able to find the problem, because the early symptoms, such as fever and will begin to happen.
“How effective are the scanners, and thermal for detection of persons who are infected with the new coronavirus?
What you want, and thermal are effective at detecting persons who had a fever (that is to say, they have a body temperature higher than normal, due to infection with the new coronavirus.
However, it is not able to detect persons who are infected but are not sick, and sick of a fever. This is due to the fact that it can take between 2 and 10 days to go before the infected person may get sick and develop a fever.”
6. Finally, a document entitled “the Council of the disease due to coronavirus (COVID-19) to the public: as destroyers of myths”, it is made clear that the rumors such as the use of ultra-violet light, or the oil of sesame seeds can’t help you with the prevention or eradication of the coronavirus, however, it is only the alcohol or chlorine bleach can help to disinfect the surfaces. For more information, please click here.
The “spray it with alcohol or chlorine bleach all over the body, you can kill it with the new coronavirus?
No. Spray it with alcohol or chlorine bleach all over the body and will not kill the virus that is already joined to the body. The volatility of these substances can be damaging to the clothes or the mucous membranes (ie, eyes, ears, mouth). Please keep in mind that both alcohol and chloride can be useful to disinfect surfaces, but they must be used in accordance with the appropriate recommendations”.
coronavirus myths, myths that are not true of the coronavirus, myths, enfermad, coronavirus, mexico