There’s more to the volume buttons on your iPhone than meets the eye. They can perform many hidden functions that can improve your user experience.
If there’s one thing about the iPhone, it’s its versatility and its ability to constantly surprise you with new features and tricks that will make your daily life easier and more efficient , including the recently launched iPhone 15.
While many of us are familiar with some of this phone’s most popular features, there’s a good chance you’ve overlooked some of the lesser-known features that can significantly improve your user experience.
These hidden features include volume buttonsthese little allies on the side of your iPhone, are usually only used to adjust the audio intensity on the device.
However, the potential of these buttons is much greater than you think, as you can even activate the camera, scan documents, snooze alarms, and more. Basically, they act as shortcuts to activate other system functions.
What you can do with your iPhone volume buttons
- Photograph: Do you need to take a quick photo without touching the screen? It’s worth mentioning that the volume buttons can help you in this situation.Back and front camera, just open the app camera Then press one of the buttons to capture the perfect moment.
- Record video:Similarly, the volume buttons can also be used as start and pause buttons for recording videos. When you switch to video mode in the camera app, just press any of them to start recording.
- Take burst photos: If you have a newer model like iPhone XS, iPhone XR, or iPhone 14 Pro Max, you can take advantage of this feature to take burst photos. To do this, hold down the Volume Up button to quickly capture a series of images.
- Scan documents: The built-in document scanner on iPhone lets you scan documents in apps like Files, Mail, Notes, and Reminders. Just press any volume button to capture the document you need, which you can then easily share with your friends, family, or colleagues.
- snooze alarm clock: If you use your iPhone as an alarm clock, you’ll love this feature.As long as you have that option enabled, press one of the volume buttons to snooze the alarm and enjoy a few minutes of rest put off for this particular alert.
- Turn off alarm: If you need to turn off the alarm quickly, just press any button to stop the sound.
- Call emergency services: In an emergency, every second counts. To quickly access this service, press and hold the side lock button and any volume button, or press all three buttons simultaneously until the emergency call slider appears. Swipe the SOS icon to make an immediate call.
- force restart: The volume buttons can help you force restart when your iPhone becomes unresponsive. To do this, press the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button, and finally the Side Lock button until you see the Apple logo.
- Disable Face ID or Touch ID: For whatever reason, if you need to temporarily disable Face ID on your iPhone, you can do so by holding down the side lock button and either volume button for two seconds.
- Silence incoming calls: If you’re busy or need some quiet, press any volume button to silence incoming calls, and you can even stop vibrating if your phone is in this mode.
You may have noticed that your iPhone’s volume buttons do much more than turn your system’s audio up or down. They are a powerful tool that can improve your user experience.
As you continue to discover and make the most of your device’s capabilities, you’ll be excited to discover that even the most basic aspects may hide surprises and useful tricks.