This post has collected for you all the known rumors that have fallen into the hands of some insiders. Separately, I would like to note that many of them are already openly laughing at Sony because of the “excellent” retention of information on “No Way Home”, citing Matt Reeves’s “Batman” as an example. The movie comic strip with Robert Pattinson has the same level of expectations, marketing has begun a long time ago, but so far there is not a single important plot leak on it. So let’s go!
- The whole world will be divided into two groups: Those who consider Mysterio a hero and Spider a villain; and those who believe in a friendly neighbor but do not believe in the new hero.
- Charlie Cox’s Matt Murdoch will only be in one of the opening scenes in court, taking about 5 minutes to appear.
- Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield appear in the second act of the film. It is reported that from the moment they appear, they will become the most important heroes, apart from Tom Holland.
- The plot will take place in the Sanctum of Doctor Strange, which will explain the principle of the multiverse to the protagonist.
- The film will have a prison where the villains of the Spider from different universes are located. Parker will once again trust the villain, namely the Green Goblin, who will destroy the entire prison and release the rest of the villains.
- Perhaps in the film, there will be some detectives investigating the Spider case.
- It is quite possible there will be a flashback with Uncle Ben. What’s interesting is that Sony previously really wanted Tobey Maguire to play him. It could be that Toby will be Ben Parker in MCU and Spider-Man in Sam Raimi’s universe.
- In the first act, Scorpio will appear, with whom, most likely, there will be a full-fledged action scene.
- The main villain of the film will be the Green Goblin Willem Dafoe, as previously reported. His goal will be to capture some kind of reactor, which is located under the Statue of Liberty. Why he needs this rector remains unknown.
- In the second act, there will be a scene where Otto attacks the train. Spider-Man Toby will try to stop him by saying at the beginning, “Not this.” They will start fighting and have a rematch reflecting the iconic scene from Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 2.
- Almost every villain will get a new look: Electro will appear in a yellow suit, Otto – with updated armored tentacles, Lizard – in a canon image (lab coat and purple pants), Rhino – in a more animalistic suit, Sandman will remain the same as in ” Spider-Man 3 “.
- Separately, we note the Green Goblin, who will be in the canon armored suit with a new color scheme and mask, very reminiscent of the early version of the character in “Spider-Man” by Sam Raimi. (No one will be surprised if she is taken from there).
- The largest battle, which Holland himself promised, will unfold on the Statue of Liberty. A trio of Spiders in the person of Holland, Maguire, and Garfield will fight the Six.
- The green goblin will convince all the villains to help him with his goal – motivation in the form of killing Spider-Man. Note that in some convenient way there will be versions of the villains in the film when they were at the height of their hatred for the hero.
- At the end of the film, Norman Osborne will kill one of Parker Holland’s closest people. 95% it will be Ned Leeds or May.
- Immediately after the death of a loved one, Peter will lash out and begin to violently beat the Green Goblin, just like in the cut scene of “The Amazing Spider-Man 2”.
- With a high degree of probability, at the end of the film, the whole world will still know the identity of Spider-Man.
A little about spiders:
- Initially, Spiders Garfield and Maguire will appear in the costumes of “The Amazing Spider-Man” and “Spider-Man 3”, respectively.
- Tobey Maguire is likely to have a cameo in the sequel to Doctor Strange.
- In addition to the villains, each Spiderman will have to get a new costume. We have previously leaked a new look for Tom Holland, which was eventually confirmed by toys from Lego and Funko.
- Tobey Maguire will receive about $ 15 million for his return to the role. Initially, Sony was counting on a much lower amount, but the actor refused to sign the contract, which is why the company had to make concessions.
- Sony is eager to bring Andrew Garfield back to its Amazing Spider-Man franchise, but there is an option to use the actor in the role of Ben Reilly, who, by the way, recently became the main version of the character in the comics. So far, everything is discussed at the earliest stages.
- Perhaps Tobey Maguire will walk with a beard in the film and Andrew Garfield with long hair.
Political aspects regarding the film:
- The tape has the largest budget in the history of the franchise. In many ways, this is due to one of the most extensive locations in the universe, which was made for the third act, in order to adequately show the full scale of what is happening.
- The Spiderverse weaving was one of the hidden, contractual clauses between Sony and Disney.
- Matt Murdock will appear in the film only thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, which caused the film to be postponed and due to which the rights-managed to return back to Marvel Studios. The original plan was to use the She-Hulk.
- Kevin Feige had a little more creative control over the making of the film compared to the first two parts.
- Sony has colossal expectations of numbers at the box office. Note that they previously expected more than $ 1 billion from “The Amazing Spider-Man 2”. However, according to studio insiders, it is worth holding back, because marketing, which is simply disgusting so far, will play a decisive role in everything. Many again cite “Batman” with Robert Pattinson as an example.
- Initially, Kevin Feige wanted to shoot a purely personal story of Tom Holland’s Spider, but because of Sony and their Spiderverse, this became almost impossible.
- Around the time of the film’s premiere, Sony and Disney are to announce a renewal of the deal, which will include the introduction of Miles Morales, the canon of Sony’s villainous universe, and the new Spider Holland trilogy.
- In conclusion, I would like to note the unpleasant fact that Sony does not care about the creative failures of “Spider-Man 3” and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” due to the imposition of characters or creative interference. The company goes all-in with all the old characters, including them in the story and relying on fan service. They adhere to the tactic “so that we do not shoot, it will still please a huge number of people.”