The players mentioned by the coach are already in the country waiting for the matches against Uruguay and Brazil for the South American Qualifiers and it is worth reviewing how each one did in their clubs.
The players summoned by Lionel Scaloni They are already in Ezeiza to start preparing for the games of the Argentina Selection in view of Uruguay and Brazil by South American Qualifiers and it is worth reviewing how each weekend went on their teams.
The archers of the Argentine National Team
- Emiliano Martinez: Aston Villa fell to Southampton 1-0 in what marked the team’s fifth consecutive loss, and therefore caused the club to dismiss its former coach, Dean Smith. Draw was the starter.
- Franco Armani: River continues firm on its path to obtain the Professional League: it beat Patronato 5-0 and Pulpo was present in the goal.
- Juan Musso: He started in the 2-1 victory of his Atalanta against Cagliari in Serie A.
- Federico Gomes Gerth (one of the novelties of the call): the goalkeeper did not even go to the bench in the triumph of Tigre against Almirante Brown by 3-1 on the penultimate date of the First National. Although, it should be noted that it is common that it does not.
The defenders of the Argentine National Team
- Nahuel Molina Lucero: it was from the game in Udinese’s 3-2 victory against Sassuolo in Serie A.
- Gonzalo Montiel: Sevilla beat Betis 2-0 in the classic for La Liga in Spain and the former River played all 90 minutes.
- Cristian Romero: Tottenham drew goalless against Everton and the central defender, who started, was booked after a cross with Brazilian Richarlison.
- Nicolás Otamendi: In Portugal, Benfica crushed Sporting Braga: it was 6-1 and the experienced defender played the entire match.
- German Pezzella: He was a participant in the fall of his team -Betis- against Sevilla 2-0.
- Lucas Martínez Quarta: Fiorentina lost 1-0 with an agonizing goal by Cuadrado for Juventus. El Chino was the starter.
- Lisandro Martínez: played the full match of Ajax’s goalless draw against the Go Ahead Eagles.
- Gaston Avila: the only one of the local soccer in the defensive part; He started in the defeat of Rosario Central against Defense and Justice 3-0.
- Nicolas Tagliafico: the winger, ex- Independiente, did not add minutes in Ajax’s 0-0 draw against Ahead Eagles.
- Marcos Acuña: the ex-Racing took all the eyes in Sevilla 2-0 Betis: he converted a real goal with a bomb from outside the area.
The midfielders of the Argentine National Team
- Leandro Paredes: He is recovering from a tear that has hurt him since the October triple date for the South American Qualifiers ended and for this reason, he did not add minutes in the victory of PSG against Bordeaux 3-2.
- Guido Rodriguez: another of the protagonists of the classic between Seville and Betis; he was sent off for a double yellow in his team’s defeat.
- Rodrigo De Paul: He played almost the entire match between Atlético de Madrid and Valencia (finished 3-3).
- Giovanni Lo Celso: he was on the bench and entered in the second half in Tottenham’s draw against Everton.
- Exequiel Palacios: In Germany, Bayern Leverkusen and Hertha Berlin drew 1-1 and the ex-River tied for more than 60 minutes on the court.
- Nicolas Dominguez: Bologna beat Sampdoria 3-2 and the former Vélez played more than 80 minutes for the victory of his team.
- Enzo Fernandez: Like Armani, the midfielder started River’s 5-0 win over Patronato at the Monumental.
- Cristian Medina: Boca plays tonight against Aldosivi and the young man would not be from the game.
- Santiago Simon: another of the Millionaire players who played against the Patron in the 5-0 victory.
- Matías Soulé: nailed a great goal in Juventus U23’s 1-0 win against Lecco in Serie C.
The attackers of the Argentine National Team
- Lionel messi: the captain still has knee pain and did not play the last two PSG games. He traveled to Madrid to be seen and there was a row in Paris. His presence against Uruguay and Brazil is unknown.
- Angel Di Maria: he was on the bench in PSG’s 3-2 win over Bordeaux with a double by Neymar and another by Kylian Mbappé.
- Lautaro Martínez: missed a penalty in what ended up being equality in the classic between Inter and Milan.
- Angel Correa: played a large part of the duel that escaped Diego Simeone’s Atlético Madrid against Valencia at the end.
- Alejandro Gomez: entered in the second half of Sevilla’s victory against Betis. He came with annoying physique, but he finally played a few minutes and for that reason, Scaloni added him to the list.
- Paulo Dybala: Juve won and the forward played almost the entire match.
- Joaquin Correa: entered the second half in the tie between Inter and Milan.
- Julian Alvarez: He had a great performance in River’s win: he scored four of the five goals for Millo.
- Thiago Almada: the offensive midfielder, who plays his last games with Vélez, started in the 2-1 victory against San Lorenzo.
- Exequiel Zeballos: Like Medina, the Changuito would not be part of the Boca formation to visit Aldosivi in Mar del Plata tonight.
The case of Nicolás González
While the Argentine National Team prepares for what will be the next double round of South American Qualifiers against Uruguay and Brazil, the coaching staff of the national team lives days of uncertainty for the health of Nicolás González, who again tested positive for Covid-19 and did not manages to be discharged.
The Fiorentina forward tested positive at the end of October and, as of today, he does not have the negative test necessary to be discharged and return to activity. This set off the alarms in the coaching staff of Lionel Scaloni since the Albiceleste coach decided to summon him for the double round of qualifying.
Against this background, the uncertainty is total and a negative test is awaited by the player that allows him to travel when the squad begins training in Ezeiza in the coming days. For now, he will undergo a test tomorrow, so the resolution of his situation will be known shortly.
Photos: Getty Images