Canada vs USMNT
2022–23 CONCACAF Nations League Finals
June 18, 2023
Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, Nevada
Pregame Coverage: 8:30 PM ET on Paramount+, Univision and TUDN
Begins: 9:06 PM ET on Paramount+, Univision
Social Media: USMNT Active tweet and Instagram; football facebookamerican football app
Kicking off tonight’s USMNT vs. Canada: 1-Matt Turner, 3-Walker Zimmerman, 4-Chris Richards, 5-Anthony Robinson, 6-Younes Moussa, 7-Geo Reina, 10-Christian Pulisic (c), 11-Brendan Aaronson, 19-Joe Scally, 20- Folarin Balogun, 21 Tim Weah
Subs: 13-Drake Callender, 18-Sean Johnson, 9-Ricardo Pepi, 12-Miles Robinson, 14-Luca De La Torre 15- Johnny Cardoso, 16- Alan Sonora, 17- Alex Zendegas, 22- Taylor Booth, 23- Auston Trusty
Pending: 2-Sergino Dest, 8-Weston McKennie
game notes , Five things to know about Canada
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this game): Christian Pulisic (60), Walker Zimmerman (41), Antoine Robinson (35), Brendan Aaronson (32), Tim Weah (31), Matt Turner (28), Younes Moussa ( 27), Geo Reina (20), Chris Richards (10), Joe Scully (6), Fowlerin Balogun (2)
- USMNT XI CONCACAF Nations League appearances (including this match): Christian Pulisic (9), Brendan Aaronson (7), Gio Reyna (6), Antoine Robinson (6), Younes Moses (5), Matt Turner (5) , Tim Weah (4), Folarin Balogun (2), Chris Richards (2), Joe Scully (2), Walker Zimmerman (2)
USMNT starting XI with knockout caps (including this match): Christian Pulisic (9), Matt Turner (6), Geo Reina (5), Brendan Aronson (4), Anthony Robinson (4), Tim Weah (4), Younes Moses (3), Walker Zimmerman (3), Fowlerin Balogun (2), Chris Richards (2), Joe Scully (2)
- With an average age of 23 years and 314 days, tonight’s starting XI is the youngest player ever fielded by the USMNT in a tournament final, having played 24 years and 207 matches since winning the CONCACAF Nations Final League 2021 against Mexico. Has broken the previous record of the day. The starting lineup is also the second-youngest player in a knockout game, behind the starting lineup for the Gold Cup quarter-final against Jamaica on July 25, 2021 (23 years, 280 days).
- The team also averages 26 appearances and 17 competitive matches.
Nine of the USMNT’s starting XI are aged 25 and under: Anthony Robinson (25), Christian Pulisic (24), Chris Richards and Tim Weah (23), Brendan Aronson (22), Folarin Balogun (21), Younes Moses, Gio Reina and Joe Scully (20).
USMNT Captain for 16Yes Time tonight, Christian Pulisic will make his third appearance in the finale. After joining Pulisic in the 2021 CNL Final, Gio Reina and Tim Way are making their second appearances of the night, as is Matt Turner who scored in the 2021 Gold Cup Final.
Chris Richards and Walker Zimmerman partnered at centre-back for the third time tonight. It has participated in the first two World Cup qualifiers: a 1–1 draw in Jamaica on 16 November 2021 in Kingston and a 1–0 win against El Salvador in Columbus on 27 January 2022.
View Golden Box: With four goals each from substitute striker Ricardo Pepe, he is tied with Canada’s Jonathan David in the 2022-23 CONCACAF Nations League Golden Boot. David holds the tiebreaker over Pepe because he also collected the assist. NAFC forwards Christian Pulisic (3 goals, 2 assists), Canadian Kyle Lahren (3 goals, 1 assist) and Alfonso Davis (3 goals) are behind David and Pepe in tonight’s final.
In the event of a tie at the end of regulation time, two additional periods of 15 minutes each would be played. If the match is a draw, the match will be decided by a penalty shootout.
- The United States has a 16–10–12 all-time lead against Canada and is 9–8–5 against Canada. why lipstick in competitive matches.
This is the first meeting between the United States and Canada in the finals of the tournament and the third overall elimination match between the two countries. Their last two meetings took place at the semifinal stage of the Gold Cup, where the United States defeated Canada on penalties in 2002 before winning 2–1 in 2007.
- Said Martinez of Honduras is the referee for tonight’s match. The USMNT is 5-0-2 in games managed by Martinez, including a 1-0 overtime win against Mexico in the 2021 Gold Cup Final played at the Allegiant Stadium.
“Avid coffee fanatic. Social media lover. Twitter expert. Extreme music expert. Zombie junkie. Hardcore travel expert.