Coronavirus in Mexico: the three notes that you should read

0
164


The health authorities of Mexico updated the register of persons infected by the coronavirus COVID-19, which has already passed a number of 1,688 cases and 60 deaths. Until now it has been reported that only 21% of positive cases has been hospitalized, and the remaining 79% are on an outpatient basis and were sent home in quarantine.

The increase was in 178 infected more than those presented yesterday, Thursday, April 2. The deaths were 10 deaths more, being mostly patients of the male gender who have died, with 86% and females with a percentage of 14% and mainly in the over 60 years of age and older.

The mexican government reports that are expected to move to phase 3 contingency until mid-April, in anticipation of this event, the authorities made a call to all the doctors and nurses available, that is to say without employment, to join the fight against the COVID-19, so began a recruitment campaign to increase the numbers of medical staff in hospitals and health centers. At the moment it is requested 2 thousand doctors and to incorporate them as a support and have more staff.

The information platforms used by the health authorities are vulnerable because of an error in the programming in the page, as he showed a young programmer mexican journalist Peniley Ramirez, who received information that was later shown at the conference that is given at 7 p. m. each day as an update of the fight against the pandemic.

Jorge Villalobos, a programmer who is residing outside the country, said that the authorities have already fixed the system then he will report the error and “we are very pleased that the ministry of Health increased attention to improving the quality of their information systems” it serves to prevent the modification and filtration of sensitive information that can be misinterpreted.

Despite the fact that it was thought that the pets were not affected by the coronavirus COVID-19, new studies showed that there are species that are susceptible to the disease, mostly the cats, who seem to function as vectors and are capable of transmitting it to other cats.

On the other hand, the dogs seem to have a resistance much more effective before the risk of contagion, unlike cats. So he proved that a series of experiments in which infected cats with large doses of COVID-19 to study the outcome of infection in other species in order to support the search for a cure.

However, despite the fact that the cats were infected and showed a positive result in the tests to confirm the presence of the disease, they did not suffer symptoms who do develop the human, as it is difficulty breathing or pneumonia, which reported that the immune system fought and overcame successfully the presence of coronaviruses in animals.

The study was conducted by members of the Institute of Veterinary Research of Harbin confirmed that, and was approved and supported by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of China. It should be noted that the dose of coronavirus supplied to the animals was a much greater amount than that present in conventional methods, which reinforces the idea that for the moment, the pets are immune to the infection.



Source link