It was unthinkable months ago but it is happening, and it gets worse day by day: 20 months after the Covid-19 pandemic was declared, Germany is once again immersed in a wave of coronavirus that Just in the last 24 hours, it registered 66,884 infections and 335 deaths.
To make matters worse, the authorities fear that the number of infected will be even higher, because Many of the positives they are not notified.
Most Germans will be “vaccinated, cured or dead” by the end of the boreal winter.
The cumulative incidence at seven days it reaches a record figure of 404.5 cases per 100,000 inhabitants, when a month ago, it was 85 cases.
WHY DON’T YOU GET VACCINATED?
Almost 100,000 dead and 5.5 million infected they do not seem to be convincing arguments to break the resistance of the deniers and those others who do not want to be vaccinated either.
The Ministry of Health you commissioned an investigation to the institute of opinion studies Forsa to relieve the positions of the Germans regarding vaccination, and in his last report, he noted that:
- the argument with the greatest consensus (74% among those not inoculated) is that “vaccines are not sufficiently proven”
- 65% of the unvaccinated are sure that they will never want to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
New wave of coronavirus in Europe: the tough measures that return, passed through the country
FOUR PROFILES OF unvaccinated:
1) the deniers: people who deny or question the existence of the coronavirus.
2) those who suspect a “coronavirus dictatorship“: those who believe that behind the restrictions to curb infections, there is another reason, and they agree that the statement that” the coronavirus is often a pretext for get more state control“.
3) the skeptical: They do not disbelieve the existence of Covid-19 nor do they believe in a “dictatorship of the coronavirus”, but they are very critical of the measures adopted and the media coverage in this regard.
4) those who do not disbelieve the virus or suspect a dictatorship, but are supporters of other arguments opposed to advancing vaccination.
Fifth wave of coronavirus: more than 700,000 deaths are expected from ac to March in Europe
ARGUMENTS AGAINST VACCINATION
In recent weeks, various pollsters have brought to light the reasons that to date, deeply divide German society regarding vaccination against coronavirus. They stand out from them:
- doubts that the vaccines have been sufficiently tested, and their eventual side effects
- the view that the coronavirus is a pretext for greater state control, and that the invasion of fundamental rights is more serious than the danger posed by the virus
- the belief that the media unilaterally report on Covid-19.
An analysis published by the German daily FACE, highlights that German-speaking countries have the lowest vaccination rate in Western Europe against Covid-19. The full dose was received by 67% of Germans, and the figure is even lower among Austrians and Swiss. Instead, in Italy it is 74%; in Belgium, 75, in Spain, 79 and in Portugal, 87.
Merkel adds powers against the pandemic: she can impose a curfew and suspend classes unilaterally
Already since May a progressive process of decreased fear of contagion and confidence in vaccines, indicated a survey published by the weekly Focus.
Acting Chancellor Angela Merkel this week lamented the “dramatic” situation, insisting that It’s an emergency“and reiterate that the vaccination rate is not enough to stop the increase in infections.
A few days ago, the director of the Robert Koch Institute, Lothar Wieler, warned that “if the reduction of contacts and vaccination are not intensively successful” the country would effectively enter a “fifth wave”. “The vaccine is the way out of the pandemic,” emphasized Wieler, who simultaneously asked not to neglect other preventive measures, such as the mask and social distance.