There are already people in the world called Bitcoin
Since 2009 this virtual currency has conquered millions of people either as a savings method, for transactions between goods or services (although this is not the most common) or to invest. These years have given many anecdotes.
- In Ukraine, in Crimea, a family baptized their son with this original name.
- There are artists who already charge in this currency, Mel B from the Spice Girls is one of the best known. Myke Tysson is also one of the celebrities who has the most interest in cryptocurrencies, in fact, in his social networks he has done surveys on which cryptocurrency is the best to invest.
- Designing a strategy when investing with Bitcoin is basic, otherwise it can happen to us like Laszlo Hanyecz who in 2010 bought two family pizzas for 10,000 Bitcoins, at that time they were more or less about 30 dollars. Currently that same number of cryptocurrencies amounts to 380 million dollars. Laszlo claims that he has no regrets about his purchase, which is why May 22 has been marked as Bitcoin Pizza Day. Several pizzerias take advantage of the celebration to give away pizza or launch promotions to their customers. This day is also the day the first transaction was made.
- A Norwegian student forgot that he had bought digital currencies in 2013, when he agreed and went to withdraw them he was a millionaire and currently his wallet is valued at 13 million dollars. He is not the only teenager who, due to the whims of fate, has become rich with little effort.
- A young man decided when he was 12 years old to buy 403 Bitcoins with the 1000 dollars that his grandmother had given him, although his parents objected, he did not give up his efforts. Right now he is one of the wealthiest young people on the planet.
- There is always talk that Bitcoin is decentralized, but the truth is that it has a centralization point, which undermines the operating principle of the currency, operated by: BTC.COM, Antpool, CONNECT.BTC and BTC.TOP.
- The creator is not known. There are many theories, that is why they speak of Satoshi Nakamoto, a fictitious name that does not reveal the entity behind. In none of the 9 pages or the 12 points of the White Papers of this digital currency is it clear whether it is about one person or several. In 2016 the creator was proposed for the Nobel Prize in Economics, but the academy rejected his candidacy for not being public.
- Like a penny, it is the smallest unit of a euro. A Satoshi is the smallest unit of Bitcoins and refers to the creator. If you want to make small transactions, this is the unit that can be used.
- About 4 million of this currency has been lost forever. We are talking about 23% of the total Bitcoins that are currently in circulation around the world. This is worth $ 252 million. As for the reasons for this massive loss, there is everything, but the most normal thing is that people forget files, keys, or a transaction occurs in the wrong way.
- The United States is the country with the most cryptocurrency ATMs in the world. There are more than 2,000 in all of the Americas, more than in the other countries combined. And their number continues to grow.
Bitcoin as an alternative to economic crises
The father of cryptocurrencies has not always been so famous and although now he is seen as an alternative to physical money it was not until 2013, when he reached a thousand dollars and equals the price of an ounce of gold, when all eyes are on him .
- In Greece in 2015 they suffered a crisis so great that more than 1000 ATMs were installed in its streets since it was impossible to get cash from banks, from that moment there has been talk of a possible alternative for this type of crisis.
- In 2016 a Dutch family sold all their properties: house, furniture, car etc. To buy cryptocurrencies, they moved into a small apartment and plan to live austerely until within a few years they manage to recover the invested fortune.
- Ivan Clark, a 16-year-old American man, became a millionaire by hacking computers and stealing cryptocurrencies. He was finally arrested.
- Messages can be decrypted on your blockchain. Some of those that have been deciphered are political in nature.
- It is believed that in 2140 mining Bitcoin will cost more than 15 million dollars.
- The company Virgin Galactic, founded by Richard Branson has announced that it will offer flights to go to space and that it will accept digital currency as payment.
- Among the many theories that exist about the creation of the first virtual currency there is one that indicates that Toshiba, Samsung, Motorola and Nakamichi are behind.
- It is based on a peer-to-peer network, which means that the collaboration of individuals is extremely important. Miners, central developers, traders etc. Furthermore, the interests are collective.
- For an effective transaction to take place, two keys must be generated. The public and the private ones are whole numbers and are usually represented by letters and numbers.
- The biggest loss for this digital currency was $ 75 million. It happened when the British James Howells threw his old computer in the trash, forgetting that his public and private keys were on his hard drive, this means that there is a large amount of money in the landfill somewhere. And, although it is possible to save them on a local disk, you have to know the possible problems that accompany it, such as loss, theft or cyber attacks.
- According to what has been learned, there are more than 23,000 wallets registered with more than 1 million dollars, including that of the founder Satoshi Nakamoto.
Surely after reading these curiosities you have more desire to snoop and find out what is behind the crypto universe. In future posts we will tell you much more.