2023-2024 influenza vaccination dates have been set for the Madrid community
this Madrid’s neighborhoods Already indicated When does the flu vaccine start? for this 2023-2024 Vaccination Campaign.
this Madrid Flu Vaccination will start October 16, 2023 and will end January 31, 2024The Ministry of Health recommends that scheduled dates be modified unless it is necessary for epidemiological reasons.
inside Madrid’s neighborhoodsDuring this period Within the first two weeks, people aged 65 and over will be vaccinated, as well as health and social care staff.. Subsequently, vaccination of other groups will take place.
What’s new this year Includes flu vaccination arrive Children 6 to 59 months old.
he Purpose The campaign aims to prevent complications from the disease among the most vulnerable, whether due to age or health problems such as chronic illness.
Who can get the flu vaccine
- Over 60 years old.
- health and social care staff.
- female pregnant during any trimester of pregnancy
- Minors under 60 years old chronic disease Background or other medical conditions that put you at high risk for complications from influenza.
- population Babies aged 6-59 months.
- People who can spread the flu to other high-risk groups. For example, caregiver of patients.
- people who do basic services: Civil defense, army, police…
- Persons who have direct occupational contact with poultry or pigs On poultry or pig farms or operations and on wild birds etc.
How to make an appointment for a flu shot
citizens will be able to Make an Appointment for a Flu Vaccine in primary care centres.User must Request an appointment at your health center By phone, the Madrid community website or the health appointment mobile app.
In any case, we must take into account Flu vaccination schedulebecause it imposes some deadlines:
- October 16-27: Only available to citizens aged 65 and above.
- from October 30 to the end of the event: Vaccinate the remaining groups for which vaccines are applicable.
Why you should get the flu shot every year
he Influenza viruses evolve every year Change its antigenic properties. This is why annual vaccinations are recommended, as these vaccines include the last 3 or 4 subtypes of the virus.
Combined vaccine with Covid
The event is held for the third consecutive fall Flu vaccination Link to COVID-19 Vaccinationwill jointly manage citizens who make requests.
this vaccine ‘Preferably’ those adapted to new variants will be; in Europe, only Pfizercalled Comirnaty Ómicron XBB.1.5, has received support from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the European Commission.
There are other candidates: modernauthorized in the United States, and Novavax Unlike the first two, it is not messenger RNA, Efe reports.
According to the following standards