Do not give these foods to dogs during the National Day

Dogs gather around a barbecue during National Day and enjoy being part of the festivities. But the mistake is sharing 19th-century foods with them that can cause discomfort, poisoning, or even end the party at the veterinary clinic.

one of the The main mistake was giving them empanadas. “It’s common for people to want to share pieces of empanada. Humans have a much more diverse gut flora than these pets and can handle dough just as well as dogs. Dough can cause intestinal inflammation in dogs, which can lead to Inflammation of the intestines.” This is aggravated when they are given empanada horns, which are raw and ferment in the dog’s body, which may cause an upset stomach,” he warned. Hurley Studerveterinary surgeon at Fit Formula.

Go to next note

On their own, raisins in empanadas can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even kidney failure in dogs.

The situation is more serious Empanadas with Onions, which is toxic to dogs and can cause difficulty breathing, vomiting and diarrhea. Onions contain a substance called thiosulfate, which dogs cannot metabolize properly, which is why it builds up in the blood, possibly causing red blood cells to be destroyed and ultimately leading to anemia.


Avoid giving raw meat to your dog at a barbecue as it may contain bacteria such as listeria, E. coli and salmonella. Additionally, through raw meat, dogs can become infected with parasitic diseases, such as hydatid disease, which can be transmitted to humans.

While grilled meats are suitable for dogs’ tastes, they often receive scraps that contain more fat, which can cause them to gain weight and lead to an unbalanced diet.

You should also avoid giving your dog sausages such as sausage or sausage due to their higher fat content, which can cause stomach pain and vomiting. Additionally, these sausages have a high concentration of salt, which is bad for your dog’s kidneys.

“Throwing meat or chicken bones at them is another big mistake as it can pierce a dog’s roof of mouth, throat, intestines and stomach, causing stomach pain, vomiting and bloody diarrhea,” Studer warns.

Additionally, wine glasses must be kept out of the reach of dogs, as drinking from them can poison them, causing liver inflammation and gastritis.

Go to next note

Finally, veterinarians recommend that if families want their dog to participate in Dieciocheras celebrations, give him treats specifically formulated for his gut flora, such as dog biscuits, chew bones, or dehydrated lamb chop treats.

Source link

Leave a Comment