Ginger has many medicinal uses. It is a versatile root that can be used fresh, dried, in powder, oil, or juice.
Web portals body mind Refers to scientific research reviews published in journals nutrients, The conclusion is that ginger has been shown to be effective in most studies, These include examining relief of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy, digestive function, improvement in expression levels of colorectal cancer risk markers, and anti-inflammatory effects.
Ginger is rich in gingerol, its main bioactive compound. this It has a large part of its medicinal properties as it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. “For example, it can help reduce oxidative stress, which is the result of too many free radicals in the body,” he says. Healthline.
The lifestyle portal claims that this plant has thermogenic properties as it contains gingerol and shogaol, which speed up metabolism and thereby increase fat burning in different parts of the body. how.
On the other hand, it is said to increase the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that causes hunger when its levels are low. Therefore, drinking ginger water in the morning can reduce appetite and avoid overeating.
Good for coughs
Another benefit is that it helps relieve symptoms of the common cold. On the one hand, this plant has an expectorant effect, which can eliminate chest tightness caused by excess mucus, and on the other hand, it has anti-inflammatory properties and can relieve discomfort in the nose (especially in the case of sinusitis).
Ginger tea for headaches
Ginger tea, ginger juice or water is the most suitable way to treat headaches that often occur in daily life.
- 5 tbsp or 50 g grated or powdered ginger.
- 3 cups of water.
- 2 tablespoons natural honey.
- Juice of half a lemon.
- Wash a piece of ginger root and grind it into powder using a grater.
- Add 3 cups of water to the pot and boil until the water reaches boiling point. When this happens, add the grated ginger root.
- Then cook for two minutes. When the time has passed, turn off the heat.
- Squeeze half a lemon and add to the pot along with the ginger.
- Then, add two teaspoons of honey and stir everything to combine well.
- After stirring well, just wait for the ginger juice to cool down before drinking.
- It is recommended to drink 2 to 3 cups per day.
Ginger Tea Treats Arthritis
- One of the easiest ways to use ginger for arthritis is to drink one to two cups of an infusion made with ginger each day.
- To prepare this drink, peel half a root of ginger and cut it into finger-thick pieces, put them in two cups of water and bring to a boil, cook for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and cook for another 10 minutes.
- The infusion should be filtered before drinking, preferably without any added sweetener. It is recommended to drink one to two cups a day.
- Another option is to take it with honey and cinnamon. Wash and sterilize the ginger. Then mix the water with honey, ginger and cinnamon. It is recommended to drink one cup in the morning and one cup in the afternoon.