A brief Q&A has been included on the website of the North American company that aims to clarify some of the doubts that potential buyers may have. Among the most relevant information we find the following:
- Tesla products that can be purchased with Dogecoin will have a symbol of the cryptocurrency next to the “order” button.
- In the checkout process, the checkout page will display the Tesla Wallet ID in both an alphanumeric and QR code. The buyer will have to use said address to transfer the indicated amount.
- Product prices will be displayed directly on Dogecoin. The Tesla website will also include the taxes corresponding to the purchase.
- It is not possible to cancel an order placed with Dogecoin. Nor can products purchased using cryptocurrency be returned.
- You cannot use multiple wallets to make the same payment. Everything must come from the same wallet.
- If you make a mistake when paying and include a lower amount, the transaction may be cancelled. If you send more than that amount, Tesla will not return the overcharged amount to the original payment method.
It is not the first time that Elon Musk has talked about Dogecoin and boosted its price, much less that his sayings have generated important movements in the world of cryptocurrencies. When he gave Bitcoin a thumbs down last year, its value plummeted.
With this new tweet from Elon Musk, the price of Dogecoin shot up more than 20% in minutes.