Emily Blunt it’s a bit like Mary Poppins: almost perfect. Approximately ten years after its appearance in The Devil Wears Prada, the actress has been able to build an interesting and varied career, playing a variety of roles: tough, brilliant, warm and motherly sarcastic.
Here are ten fun facts about Emily Blunt.
Emily Blunt: her films and series
1. He starred in several famous films. Blunt began her film career with the role of Tasmin in My summer of love. Glory comes in 2006 when she plays Emily Ne. The Devil Wears Prada, acting side by side Ann Hataway AND Meryl Streep. Since then, he has appeared in films such as Jane Austen Club (2007) Young Victoria (2009) wolf man (2010) Gulliver’s travels (2010) Muppets (2011) Guardians of fate (2011) loopers (2012) Edge of Tomorrow – No Tomorrow (2014) In the forest (2014) killer (2015) e Hunter and Ice Queen (2016). In recent years, he has instead starred in The girl on the train (2016) Quiet place: Quiet place (2018) Mary Poppins is back (2018) Quiet place 2 (2020) Jungle Cruise (2021) and Oppenheimer (2023).
2. She also voiced several roles. In addition to acting in front of the camera, Blunt has also done voice work on several occasions. In fact, in 2009 he voiced the character Juliet Hobbs in an episode. Lisa the drama queenfeatured in the twentieth season of the series The Simpsons. Later she was Juliet in Gnomeo and Juliet (2011) and voiced by Nahoko Satomi in the English version of the Japanese animated film. The wind is getting stronger (2013). It was then Zoya. Animal Crackers (2017), Tempest Shadow in My Little Pony: The Movie (2017) and reprized the role of Juliet in Sherlock Gnomes (2018).
3. He also starred in several television series. After appearing in some TV movies early in his career, Blunt landed a prominent role in a TV series in 2005. Empire, who starred in six episodes as Kamane. To date, this was her only participation in the television series, but now she is busy filming. Englishwhere she will play the role of Cornelia Locke. Here, the protagonist, Blunt, will give life to a woman seeking revenge on the man she holds responsible for her son’s death.
Emily Blunt is not on Instagram
4. Does not have a profile in a social network. The actress has repeatedly stated that she is not a big fan of social networks, where personal life is too often mixed with public life. It was in order not to reveal too much about herself that Blunt decided not to have an official account on the social network Instagram or other social networks. However, you can find a few fan pages to keep up to date with her projects.
Emily Blunt, John Krasinski and daughters Violet and Hazel
5. Emily Blunt and John Krasinski want to start a big family. Emily Blunt E John Krasinski they got engaged in 2009 and married in 2010 on Lake Como. They have since become one of the most beloved couples in the Hollywood world, known for the chemistry that brings them together as well as their diverse collaborations. They already have two daughters, Hazel and Violet, born in 2014 and 2016 respectively, but they seem ready to have more children. In fact, Blunt herself told Telegraph about his desire to create a large family, given that they are both from large families.
6. Quiet place Quiet place it was inspired by the birth of their second daughter. Recognized by the public and critics, Quiet place was a commercial success starring John Krasinski and Emily Blunt. Few people know that the film was partly inspired by the birth of their second daughter. The first copy of the script was finished three weeks after the baby was born, and Krasinski postedlive in the hope of keeping her safe, keeping her alive“. In addition to horror, the film deals with the topic of parenting and what parents are willing to do for their children.
Emily Blanc in Quiet place
7. Emily Blunt was the first and only choice for the role. Quiet place Quiet place. John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, husband and wife, worked as a true team for Quiet place. She read her husband’s script, advised him to direct the film, and informed him that she would not allow anyone to play the role of Evelyn: it was only her role. Krasinski said he took it very positively: his wife’s enthusiasm for the script and the desire to act with him was “biggest compliment in my career“.
Emily Blunt in The Devil Wears Prada
8. He personally described his character. IN The Devil Wears Prada Blunt here, in one of his first significant interpretations, plays the role of Emily, the protagonist’s colleague. This character was not supposed to be English, but Blunt thought it would be interesting to make her that way and managed to convince the producers of the idea. Moreover, in several scenes, she can be seen running in the background in a completely impromptu manner. In fact, the actress felt that her character would always be busy and wanted her to be busy in the film.
Emily Blunt in Oppenheimer
9. She plays Oppenheimer’s wife. IN OppenheimerNew film Christopher NolanBlunt plays the role Katherine “Kitty” Oppenheimer, or the wife of the main character, a physicist. A biologist, botanist, and former member of the American Communist Party, Katherine assisted Oppenheimer throughout the Manhattan Project, which led to the creation of the atomic bomb. In interpreting it, Blunt relied on some biographical texts, photographs, and other similar materials.
Emily Blunt: age and height of the actress
10. Emily Blunt was born on February 23, 1983 in London, England. The overall height of the actress is 1.70 meters.