The long-awaited September has arrived. This month is not only synonymous with the National Day, but also the arrival of the National Day. Go to Chile in spring.
It’s worth noting that this year’s vernal equinox falls on September 23.
therefore, Symptoms after flowering And the increase in pollen in the air is leaving allergy sufferers to bear the consequences of the season.
In this sense, to cope with this period, experts from the University of Chile explain preventive measures and how we can mitigate the effects of these allergies.
according to him Dr Daniel CanteroThe otolaryngologist at the Clinical Hospital of the University of Chile said that the most common cause is air, and there was a main responsible person in September this year.
“Generally, they’re pollen from trees, shrubs or weeds. But September is basically oriental plantain, popular in Santiago and many cities in Chile’, he assured.
As far as he is concerned, he Dr Pedro MadonesImmunologists at the University of Chile have confirmed that, in general, people with allergies are those with a certain genetic predisposition. “In San Diego, the most important thing is pollen, which has oriental bananas«.
In this case, the allergy may manifest itself with symptoms very similar to the common cold, namely a stuffy nose or itchy eyes.
Tips for facing spring
In order to minimize the impact of spring, experts have put forward a series of suggestions:
- stay informed: Know the daily pollen counts in your area so you can prepare and take preventive measures
- avoid going out in the morning: Pollen levels are usually highest in the early morning, so it is advisable to limit outdoor activities
- Using Air Filters in Your Home: Install an air purifier with a HEPA filter to help reduce indoor pollen
- Ask the Experts: If symptoms are severe or persistent, it is important to seek help from a specialist who can recommend specific treatments
- Precaution: Some measures, such as wearing sunglasses and keeping windows closed while driving, can help reduce exposure to pollen