The 32-year-old goalkeeper was one of the most targeted and had been training on his own since the middle of the year. He would continue his career outside the country.
Time of changes in San Lorenzo: while the leadership finalizes details to meet with Hernan Crespo and offer you the charge of technical, there is a player who will no longer continue in the club after the hard defeat against Aldosivi (2-0) in Mar del Plata who can leave the team last in the Professional League.
It’s about the archer Fernando Monetti, one of the most targeted by fans, who he trained on his own since the middle of the year and this thursday terminated his contract by mutual agreement to decompress the delicate financial situation of the institution. Most likely the exGymnastics continue your sports career outside the country, at 32 years old.
Monetti came to San Lorenzo at the end of 2019 through a loan for six months – with a charge of 25 thousand dollars and a purchase option of 800 thousand of the same currency for 80 percent of his pass – at the request of the coach Jorge Almiron (I had directed it in Lanús).
Upon leaving the technician he returned to National Athletic and at the beginning of 2020 he returned to the Boedo club, where He played a total of 34 games, received 32 goals and accepted a reduction of a percentage of his salary.
This was the passage of Fernando Monetti through San Lorenzo
- Monetti debuted against Hurricane on January 20, 2019 and, to the next game, he was expelled before Defense and Justice by assaulting a bouncer near the end of the match.
- Four games later, Monetti received the red card again, this time before Mouth and for a stomp upon Ramon Ábila.
- Monetti he stopped a key penalty Lucas Barrios at 43 of the second half and another to Andres Roa in the penalty shootout so that San Lorenzo stick with the classic suede Hurricane on the Super League Cup 2019.
- Monetti was in the eye of the storm for a fight with the Romero brothers when San Lorenzo stayed removed of the Diego Maradona Cup in view of Banfield (4-1).
- The last match from Monetti on San Lorenzo was the March 21 this year, on the defeat against Aldosivi by 2-1 in the New Gasometer by the Professional League Cup.
- Since June 2021 that Monetti did not train with the San Lorenzo squad.
- In July of this year, Monetti spoke about Ángel Romero’s kick that injured Marcelo Herrera in San Lorenzo. “We were doing a tactic in practice. In a normal play, Herrera eludes Ángel and pulls him from behind, I don’t know if he was angry but he had that reaction, he wanted to cut him, I don’t know if to hurt him. He hit him and Herrera is a strong boy, for him to stay down he has to be injured, and he was crying on the floor. Ángel made the decision to get up and leave, I couldn’t stay like this without doing anything, I expected several to react, I was the first to go and tell him to apologize, to go see how his partner was, who injured him“said the goalkeeper in an interview with El Var TV.