The postponement of the Tokyo 2020 have you left a “void” in the olympic movement in the world. The contest has been moved to the summer of 2021, which is due to the pandemic, COVID-19th century, which led to a breakdown in all of the programs of the international sports federations.
In the 13 months remaining to the opening, there is enough time to get to know the history of the olympic. Here are five questions with three possible answers, the Game all of the time, so that, in the exercise of the mental fast, try to give the correct answer.
In the solutions, and some curious information will be in the end.
1. Amsterdam, Stockholm, and Antwerp. Olympic cities, in all of them. But, in that chronological order?
a. Amsterdam, Stockholm, and Antwerp,
b. Antwerp, Amsterdam, and Stockholm
c. in Stockholm, Antwerp, and Amsterdam, the
Bradley Wiggins, in 2012, he won the Tour de France between 2015 and 2019 at the latest, had the most of the time
2. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) we currently have 100 members. How many of them have been olympic champions?
3. Before, to play the role of a Tarzan-like Johnny Weissmuller was one of the great stars of the swimming at the Games of 1924 and (with three others), and 1928 (two of diamonds). In the first, he also won a bronze medal in the sport. What will they be?
a. water Polo
b. you Fitness
4. Books result that have not been assigned to any athlete with a gold medal in the 100 meters at the Games in Sydney in 2000. Why, you ask?
a. For a waiver from the holders
b. in a doping scandal
c. a statement of the results is still pending for decision of the BAC
5. He was a world champion and the olympic champion in both track and route. In addition, he has won the Tour de France and set a new record for the time. We talk about the…
a. Miguel Indurain
b. Bradley Wiggins
c. a fall in Jan
Here are the answers in each case
1. The answer is c: Stockholm has been the host city of the Games was in 1912, Antwerp in 1920 and Amsterdam in 1928.
2. Reply: 35, including president Thomas Bach, a gold in fencing in Montreal in 1976. For the record, the equity share in six Olympic Games, the rower and australian James Tomkins, and the player is a canadian ice hockey Hayley Wickenhaiser.
3. Reply: Johnny Weissmuller also earned a bronze medal in water polo in the selection of the north american, in Paris in 1924.
4. Answer to b: With the win, Marion Jones was stripped in 2007 of her gold medal for doping. Greek Ekaterini Thanou, who had also been a second, he was kicked out of the Athens Games in 2004 for a work-around to the controls anti-doping, and the IOC does not consider it worthy to inherit the gold in Sydney, even though I did not a positive one.
5. Answer to b: In the uk, with Bradley Wiggins with seven world championships and four golds at the summer of cycling on the track. In addition to that, he was olympic champion in 2012 and the world cup in 2014 and the race in a time trial on the road. In 2012, he won the Tour de France between 2015 and 2019 at the latest, had the most of the time.