Through a communiqué, the ministry of Health of the State of Zacatecas confirmed that this Tuesday was recorded the first death from coronavirus in the entity. With this death, since there are 29 deaths per Covid-19 in the country.
According to Gilberto Breña Cantú, head of the state agency, the deceased is the first patient who tested positive to the test of the Covid-19 in the state. Man of 38 years had an acute respiratory infection and suffering from diabetes, for which he was hospitalized on march 18 in the Mexican Institute of Social Security. He died 13 days after being admitted to the hospital, this Tuesday, march 30, at 23:28 hours.
“We regret the death of the first patient diagnosed positive of #COVID19 in Zacatecas. The Government of Zacatecas express their most sincere condolences to family and friends. Rest in peace,” wrote the Secretariat of state Health, through a press release in social networks.
In reality, Zacatecas is one of the states least affected country by the pandemic. There have been diagnosed with six positive cases of the new coronavirus, and 18 suspects. Among the confirmed cases, was the man of 38 years who passed away this Tuesday.
With this demise are already 29 deaths in Mexico by Covid-19. According to the Report, a Technical Journal produced by the Secretariat of Health federal entities that have registered deaths are Mexico City (8), Jalisco (3), Sinaloa (3), Hidalgo (2), San Luis Potosi (2), Coahuila (1), Durango (1); State of Mexico (1) Michoacan (1) Morelos (1); Oaxaca (1); Puebla (1) Querétaro (1); Quintana Roo (1) and Veracruz (1).
More than half of the deceased was suffering from hypertension, smoking or diabetes, conditions that complicate the recovery of patients with Covid-19. As revealed on the World Health Organization in Latin america to the journal The Country, it is estimated that in Mexico, the lethality of the coronavirus reaches 7%, due in large part to the high number of people suffering from diabetes in the Republic.
The exponential increase in the number of deaths per Covid-19, and the rapidity of the spread of the virus, took this Monday at the Secretariat of Health federal declare health emergency and to announce, as a result, a program of seven points that must be met during the suspension of activities.
1. Suspension of all non-essential activities, with the exception of those that are necessary to respond to emergencies as employment, medical branch, and health sector in the fields of public and private; public safety, integrity and national sovereignty, legislative activity, sectors essential to the functioning of the economy and social programs to the government continues.
2. Extends the national day of healthy distance until the 30th of April.
3. It urges the population to a shelter house volunteer.
4. People over the age of 60 years or with a diagnosis of hypertension, diabetes, immunosuppression, pregnancy and diabetes do not have to go to work but to work in essential sectors.
5. The Secretary of Labor shall determine a phased return to work activities.
6. Suspending the censuses involving physical interaction.
7. All of these measures will be made in full respect of human rights.
“Non-essential services of the social sector and private must take immediate modalities of telework, remote work, or similarwithout the activities of your workers involving an act of face-to-face,” notes the agreement that was made in the General Health Council.