Passiflora is also known as passionflower. Due to the beauty of its flowers and their healing properties, it is used for medicinal and ornamental purposes.
Specifically, the main properties of passionflower are: Sedative, anxiolytic, mild hypnotic, muscle relaxant (muscle relaxant) plant, Anti-migraine, blood pressure-lowering, antispasmodic and digestive, according to Health Portal body and mind.
The anxiety-treating properties of passionflower are that it is a natural ingredient that has properties known as “sedatives” that help relieve stress and reduce nerves. According to the magazine, the plant contains alkaloids and flavonoids that are perfect for preventing sleep disturbances and can help people fight insomnia and achieve deeper rest. sports, in their health and wellness section.
It should be noted that, according to the professional health portal, this plant is commonly used to treat some problems such as menopausal symptoms and some diseases such as attention deficit, your health.
How to eat it?
- Passionflower is usually taken as an infusion, often supplemented with other herbs, two glasses a day with the last glass half an hour before bedtime.
- Capsules or tablets are also recommended in case of insomnia, easy to use, one to two capsules per day.
- For anxiety disorders, passionflower is available in capsule or tablet form, or as an infusion with other anti-anxiety and stimulant plants.
Passion Flower Tea
Passionflower is contraindicated to persons allergic to its ingredients and should not be consumed with alcoholic beverages to enhance its effects, nor with other medications such as antidepressants. It is also not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Other Health Benefits of Passion Flower
Relieve Digestive Problems
- Some people use passionflower for gastrointestinal conditions, as its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties can improve constipation problems and relieve digestive cramps associated with colitis and gastritis.
as an anticonvulsant
- Passionflower contains chrysin, a flavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which is protective against different types of cancers such as lung, breast, oropharyngeal, leukemia and prostate cancer.
regulate heart rate and blood pressure
- Studies have shown that passionflower helps lower blood pressure and heart rate as it has cardiotonic, blood pressure lowering, muscle relaxing and vasodilation properties, making it an effective supplement in the treatment of heart disease and high blood pressure.