he migratory motor complex (MMC, also known as migrating motor complex and migrating myoelectric complex) is a periodic contraction pattern that occurs in the GI tract between meals, during fasting, or when the stomach and small intestine are relatively empty. You can say that, The cleaning system of our digestive tractlike a garbage truck, and should work well.
This is a key process in maintaining proper bowel movements and facilitating the movement of food particles, waste and bacteria through the digestive system. otherwisequestions like bacterial overgrowth In the small intestine (SIBO).Such alterations in the gut microbiota can produce a series of Discomfort, such as bloating, gas, abdominal pain, cramping, or nausea Among other symptoms.
How the Digestive Cleansing System Works
when digestion is complete and the small intestine is emptyAbout two or three hours after eating, some involuntary peristaltic movements, Regulated by the enteric and parasympathetic nervous systems.
these actions Removes food scraps, bacteria and toxins so that they are excreted with feces.
Cleansing and emptying starts due to motilina hormone secreted in the stomach and intestines.
these actions They are like waves that happen every 90-120 minutes and developed in four stages:
- they start with action Slow 45-60 minutes.
- Electrical activity increases over the next half hour, But no real contraction has yet occurred.
- The third phasewithin 5-15 minutes, they generate rapid and spaced contractions They are able to push the contents of the stomach evenly. Sometimes these contractions can be heard (What we call “stomach growling” actually comes from the gut).he pylorusthe valve that connects the stomach to the first part of the intestine, still exists Open Passes indigestible material through the small intestine to the large intestine.
- this is a period transition between contractions third stage and inactive From the beginning.
What Changed the Digestive Cleansing System (and Favored SIBO)
he Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) This happens when bacteria that are supposed to stay in the colon move up and cause a large population Digestive symptoms (gas, bloating, diarrhea or constipationdepending on prevalent bacteria, food intolerances, etc.) and systemic (skin problems, joint pain, fatigue, etc.).
Apart from, Some diseases may cause system failure and may favor SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth), although not all SIBO is caused by a malfunctioning MBC.
One of these diseases is gastroenteritis caused by Bacteria such as Salmonella, Escherichia coli or other toxins Coordinate measuring machine can be changed through autoimmune mechanisms.
yes often encountered such a problem during travel Because our immune system is exposed to foreign bacteria.
Infect Helicobacter pyloriA virus that affects nearly half of Spain’s population may be another reason.
Another reason for the CMM change is persistent stress over timewhether physically, mentally or emotionally
They also affect the operation of the coordinate measuring machine hypothyroidismhe smokesthis Crohn’s diseasethis celiac diseasethis diverticulum bowel, anatomical alterations caused by surgery, Neuropathy affect the digestive tract and microbiota changes When excess methane or hydrogen sulfide forming bacteria are present in the gut.
consumption acid reducing drugs (So-called stomach “shields”) can also trigger CMM malfunctions.
As with most diseases, a sedentary life is another factor We must take this into account to prevent or treat MMC alterations.
traffic difficulties gut is another case Impedes proper operation of cleaning and emptying systems from the digestive tract.
How to Strengthen Digestive System Cleansing to Avoid Food Blog
one of the best actions we can take Improving the Performance of Coordinate Measuring Machines yes take a break to the digestive system.
Increased secretion during migratory motor complex (MMC) activity Stomach, gallbladder, pancreas, promote digestion, reduce the accumulation of bacteria in the stomach and intestines.
However, Ingestion of food or water completely abolishes MMC activity. A 450-calorie meal results in a decrease in MBC activity of approximately 4 hours.
this means, if we don’t leave enough time Between meals — at least four hours — we can’t effectively cleanse our digestive tract any time of day. Eating outside the main meal disrupts the migratory motor complex.
These measures promote proper “cleaning” of the digestive tract Thanks for the work on the migratory motor complex.These moves rest and support the digestive system Potential pathogenic bacteria yes Excreted with feces.
Do not snack between meals
that’s one of the reasons Many nutritionists recommend eating two to three nutrient-dense meals a day instead of five.
Although this advice should be tailored to each individual’s health status, in general It is strongly recommended to avoid snacking outside of the main meal.
In addition, to promote bowel emptying, Ensuring an overnight fast of 12-14 hours is very beneficial. For example, a simple way to do intermittent fasting is as follows: If we finish dinner at 7:30 pm (ideal in winter) or 8:30 pm (summer), we can start eating breakfast at 8:30 am. tomorrow.
is also essential Manage stress and take care of your emotional life.
planning at work, Physical exercisemeditation, relaxation and developmental therapy The staff can help a lot with this.
Another factor in favor of CMMs is the Stimulates the vagus nerve that connects the brain to the digestive system And is responsible for the relaxation response.
There are many ways to activate, but it is very simple Take three deep breaths before each meal.Alternatively, you can Meditate or learn relaxation techniques.
Macronutrients play different rolesAbout Coordinate Measuring Machines. A high fat intake will stop you from moving more than a high carbohydrate intake. proteinInstead, they lead to short break activity.
Additionally, you should choose Foods that support the balance of the small intestinal microbiota.
- berry: Since it’s low in sugar and rich in polyphenols, these substances feed the good bacteria in the small intestine.
- Chia Seed Soak: Its mucilage fiber is beneficial and does not cause digestive discomfort.
- Herbs and Spices: They have digestive properties that favor the growth of beneficial bifidobacteria.
- nutritional yeast: Helps to stabilize the microflora, especially beneficial Akkermansiaa protective bacterium that produces mucus.
Natural Remedies to Enhance Digestive Cleansing and Prevent Sibos
Take one of the following complementary medicines after getting up in the morning May stimulate digestive cleansing movements.
- a cup with lemonadeThat Stimulates production of motilinthe hormone that initiates peristaltic movement. Recommended water is lukewarm or hot water (Traditional Chinese medicine recommends avoiding cold water)
- a tablespoon olive oil with lemon beneficial to The formation of bile.
- 1 teaspoon ghee (clarified butter) for its anti-inflammatory properties Because it stimulates motilin.
- Plum Sauce, a fermented Japanese plum, also has anti-inflammatory properties.The optimal amount is the volume of chickpeas and taken Leave it in your mouth, under your tongue. return Can be mixed with a little hot water and kudzu or infusion.
4 Plants That Are Laxative
Ginger Stimulates Vitality The digestive tract also has Antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.
You can grate fresh rhizomes on salads and other dishes, make it into an infusion or take form capsulefollow the dosage indicated by the manufacturer.
Chicken Palm Rhubarb It is a very popular plant Chinese medicine treats digestive problems.
Contains emodina molecule that stimulates peristaltic motion and reduce somatostatinwhich suppresses them.
it was taken quickly and was People with intestinal diseases are forbidden.
increase bile secretion and Acts specifically on peristaltic movements of the small intestineaccording to a study by the University of Pavia (Italy).
artichoke can be eaten as an ingredient cooking or drinking ExtractThat It is often combined with ginger.
it is Ayurvedic therapy (From Indian Traditional Medicine) Consists of three fruits: amalaki (Amla), Bibi Taki (Terminalia tree) and Zhang Long (TEminaria Chebra).
According to a study published in the Journal of Graduate Medical Three Fruits Empty the Stomach More Effectively Than Drugs Such as metoclopramide.