In addition, 43 people have died from flu diagnoses so far this year.
“We can see that the most common disease at this time of year is pneumonia, accounting for 40% of positive cases, bronchiolitis 30%, and influenza 20%. People with weaker systems or with pre-existing conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and immunosuppression may also be further affected,” explains Leandro Crisostomo, clinician at Boreal Salud (MP 3850).
How to prevent seasonal diseases?
In this sense, experts share some advice for preventing seasonal diseases.
- Flu vaccination: Consulting a health professional and getting a flu shot are key strategies to protect yourself and reduce the spread of the virus.
- Cleanliness and Hygiene: Wash your hands often with soap and water, use hand sanitizer, and keep shared spaces clean.
- Balanced diet: A diet rich in vitamins and minerals can strengthen the immune system and increase resistance to disease.
- Adequate ventilation: Keep confined spaces well-ventilated and avoid sudden changes in temperature when entering a hot environment.
- Primary Health Care: Regular visits to your doctor and receiving proper diagnosis, prevention, treatment and recovery are critical to the management of any disease.
When should I consult a doctor?
“It’s important to be aware of warning signs that could indicate a more serious illness than the flu or the common cold. If you experience persistent symptoms such as If you have persistent high fever, shortness of breath, chest pain, parallel transmission between families, or gradual deterioration of your general condition, you should seek medical attention immediately. These signs may indicate complications that require prompt evaluation and treatment,” said Dr Boreal Salud.
Protecting yourself during winter is not just something to do during this time, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, good nutrition, regular exercise, staying hydrated and consulting with a health professional over the years is essential. Complications and individualized treatment plan.
fountain: Brand PartnerI Luciana Bugni
More Urgent24 content
Here’s how to suspect Alzheimer’s disease by smell
Fruits That Help Lower Cholesterol in Weeks
Colon-Protecting Foods You Should Eat Every Week
Just a 5-minute habit can reduce cancer risk
Drinks That Raise Blood Pressure You Should Avoid