WhatsApp is the application with the most active users in the world, so for many, privacy options are essential. One of the most important may be hide the status so that contacts do not see that you are connected, “online”, or prevent them from knowing that we are “writing”.
In its settings panel WhatsApp has several multiple privacy options, allowing its more than 1.5 billion users to choose, for example, who can see the profile photo, their Status, or deactivate read receipts. But they cannot be disabled from the settings menu and you have to resort to artisan tricks.
Perhaps in a work or sentimental relationship, the “writing” that appears and disappears can be a telltale and uncomfortable element. It reveals that the sender deletes and rewrites.
Simple tricks to avoid being seen “online” or “typing”
- When a message arrives, before opening it, we will have to lower the notification bar and avoid entering WhatsApp.
- In both Android and iPhone we will have to activate the “airplane mode”, which will turn off WiFi and cell phone data, so that it is completely disconnected.
- Only now can we enter WhatsApp, read the messages and reply to them.
- Once finished, we exit WhatsApp and deactivate the “airplane mode”, to regain connectivity.
- Written messages will be sent and no one will have seen us “online” or writing.
In order not to appear connected and to be able to read the messages we have to do the following:
- On the desktop, in a free screen of the cell phone, we have to click for a couple of seconds on a blank part of the screen.
- A button will appear that says “Widgets.”
- We choose it and select the box that says “WhatsApp messages” (there may be other options).
- We arrange it on the desk. The size can be enlarged or reduced.
- Now, when chats come to us, we can read them there instead of opening WhatsApp. And do not mark them as read or show us “online”.