Teeth are an important part of food intake as their main function is to crush food for easier digestion. In this way, dental health becomes very important for the function of the digestive and immune systems.
Typically, when cavities occur, whether in a tooth or molar, it can be caused by a number of reasons, including:
- tooth abscess
- Injury to jaw or mouth
- Heart attack (may include jaw pain, neck pain, or toothache)
- Trauma to the teeth, such as wear, injury, or fractures
As far as the magazine is concerned Health is better points out that baking soda can also be used to relieve toothache, but its use should be consulted with a health professional. Faced with this situation, a study conducted in 2019 showed that baking soda has the ability to eliminate tartar, which is one of the main causes of tooth decay and toothache.
Therefore, the pH of baking soda inhibits bacterial growth. It should be taken into account that this element should not be abused, as it wears away the enamel of the teeth.
Next, the magazine announced a preparation using baking soda to get rid of toothache:
- 1 cup water (250 ml).
- 1 tablespoon baking soda (10 g).
- First, the water must be heated and removed before boiling.
- Next, add the baking soda and mix well.
- After preparing the mixture, you should pour the preparation and allow the liquid to penetrate between the gums and the affected teeth.
- This should be repeated several times throughout the day.