The decision to replace any everyday item is a very personal and subjective one: in the end, Each of us has different standards for what is practical, beautiful and even clean, so why not. While using common sense is the best way you can tell if it’s time to replace your towels, here are some signs that it might be time to buy new ones:
Signs it’s time to change your towels:
- wear and tear: or something equivalent, wear and tear.If you find in a towel Frayed edges, fabric losing thickness or shrinking from overwashing If you’ve picked the wrong water temperature, don’t worry: read on as we tell you how to prevent that from happening.However, these clothes allow them to have scruffy appearancewhich is a sure sign that your bathroom will look better with a new one.
- They no longer have the absorptive capacity they used to: Over time and countless washes, the fibers responsible for absorbing liquids may disappear loss and waste.This, combined with the build-up of traces of detergent or softener that are sometimes difficult to rinse, can make The touch and structure of the towel is completely changed, Not as enjoyable as it used to be.
- The Musty Smell Won’t Go Away: If Your Towels Smell Musty musty smellthey may be accumulating bacteria or germs Gives off a persistent stench. If it doesn’t go away after washing, or if you notice it again when you touch the water again, don’t think twice: get rid of it!
- stain or discolorationYes They don’t get away with anything in the world: they can make towels look like towels even after multiple washes if they’re not removed despite everything you try dirty or unsightly. If the stain doesn’t come off and affects the overall look, it may be time to replace it.
- Touch and Softness: While very similar to the second point we mentioned, another thing to consider is texture.if it suits you something rough, stiff, or unpleasant When touched, it is possible The fibers are damaged irreparably. Indeed it is! You can use it for other purposes like cleaning or transfer it to your pets.
- Hygiene issue: If the towel has been used for a long time (The average lifespan of a towel is two or three years!), it is recommended to replace it to keep it clean and prevent the spread of bacteria or other pathogens. Keep in mind that if you have used it in environments such as gyms or other public places where hygiene is especially important and we tend to be more meticulous, we recommend that you change it more often.
How do we wash new towels so they don’t lose their first-day softness?
Caring for towels starts with the first wash: follow these tips for Your towels will stay softer longerand will not be a source of bacteria and germs:
- You can soak a towel in Mix cold water with a little vinegar and lemon. Let it work for an hour, and you’ll see that your towels won’t have that rough, washer-like feel after your usual wash.
- don’t use too much detergentand, the less fabric softener the better!
- Do not overload the drum of the washing machineas it does not leave a good cleaning space for the textiles.
- choose the right temperature: Since most of them are cotton, we recommend washing between 40° to 60° depending on the color.
If you want to know everything we publish on www.elmueble.com, please subscribe to our newsletter.