The huge library of League of Legends characters has been replenished with a new hero. It was a shooter named Akshan, driven only by a thirst for revenge. Developers from the studio Riot Games have published a cinematic trailer for the new champion, as well as revealed his biography along with the character’s skills. Akshan will be the first hero to appear in all games in the League of Legends fantasy universe.
Akshan could become a great hero and one of the Guardians of the Light, but that all changed after the murder of his mentor. He had to abandon his training and search for the lost relic in Shurima in order to go in search of the assassin. Instead of being the world’s shield from Doom, Akshan embarked on a path of revenge.
- Fight without rules (passive) – With every third hit with an auto-attack or skill, Akshan deals additional physical damage to the enemy. If the target is a champion, Akshan also gains a shield.
- Avenger’s Boomerang (Q) – Akshan throws a boomerang that deals Physical damage and reveals hit enemies. The flight range increases with each target hit. The boomerang can injure the enemy when it flies forward and returns.
- Dangerous Play (W – Passive) – When enemy champions kill Akshan’s allies, they gain Rogue status. Taking part in the killing of such an enemy, Akshan receives additional gold, and allies who died from the “villain” are revived at the base. At the same time, the rest of the champions get rid of their status.
- Dangerous Play (W – active) – Akshan is briefly disguised. The camouflage remains permanently adjacent to the terrain element. While the effect is active, Akshan sees footprints leading to the villains. Following these trails, accelerates and replenishes mana faster.
- Hook Pistol (E) – Akshan fires a grappling hook that clings to the first terrain in his path. He can reapply the skill to fly around an element of the landscape, dealing physical damage to the nearest enemy. During the flight, Akshan can use the skill again to jump in the direction of the cursor and make the last shot.
- Reckoning (R) – Akshan locks onto the enemy champion and begins to charge the pistol with energy, accumulating bullets. After preparing or when re-using the skill, Akshan shoots. Each bullet deals physical damage to the first minion, champion, or structure hit, based on the target’s missing health. While preparing and using Reckoning, Akshan can move around and use the Grappling Pistol.
Akshan will enter the Legends of Runeterra battlefields on July 14th. The hero will then begin his vendetta in Teamfight Tactics on July 21, League of Legends on July 22, and League of Legends: Wild Rift on July 27.