Ford unveiled in Europe this Wednesday the new generation of Ranger, its global median pick up, a benchmark in the segment. This model will begin production next year in Thailand and South Africa, while at the Pacheco Argentine plant it will be off the production lines in 2023.
For that, Ford Argentina is already deploying an investment of almost 600 million dollars to modernize its industrial center and meet the challenge of producing the new Ranger for the entire region.
Beyond the known details, many things were not said during the presentation, which is attached on video below. But it was clear that the new Ranger will offer 4 engines. Namely:
– V6 3.0 turbodiesel: only with 10-speed automatic transmission.
– 4-cylinder 2.0 bi-turbodiesel: with six-speed manual gearbox or ten-gear automatic gearbox.
– 4-cylinder 2.0 turbodiesel: only with manual or automatic transmission, both with six speeds.
– 4 cylinder 2.3 turbonaftero: It is the so-called Ecoboost, with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
Also, in Europe the Ranger will be offered with three types of traction: 4×2, 4×4 (disconnectable) and the new 4WD variant (with automatic coupling all-wheel drive, like the current Volkswagen Amarok). However, it was not clarified whether these variants will have a gearbox.
Yes Ford’s intention to unite the designs of its pick-ups is clear. There is an obvious aesthetic continuity between the Maverick (compact), Ranger (medium) and F-150 (large). The new truck also adopts Maverick’s DNA in terms of comfort and utility devices that aim to keep both heavy users and families who use the truck as a recreational vehicle happy.
These are the points that Ford highlighted from the presentation of the new Ranger in Europe:
– The new generation of Ford Ranger Offers High Tech, Smart Connectivity, Enhanced Capability and Versatility for work, family and leisure.
– Ford engineers and designers partnered with customers around the world to create a truck they can trust for work, family and play.
– With a wealth of customer feedback, the designers created a bold and purposeful exterior design and a sleek, high-tech and attractive interior.
– The Next Generation Ranger offers a selection of proven and durable diesel powertrains, including the addition of Ford’s powerful V6 turbodiesel.
– An improved chassis and suspension ensure excellent ride and handling, whether with passengers, fully loaded or towed.
This is the official video of the presentation: