Sumo Digital has released a new update for Hood: Outlaws & Legends. According to the release notes, Update 1.6 contains many balance adjustments and general fixes.
Update 1.6 is the largest and most significant in terms of gameplay changes since launch. In it, the developers focused on character balance and melee improvement.
In terms of balance, the developers went through all the characters, as some were too strong in certain areas, while others felt mediocre. Therefore, the changes affected everyone.
The overall feel of combat has also been improved by adjusting the registration of powerful melee attacks and improving the behavior of the melee assistance system (targeting system, in fact).
- The melee assistance system should now behave more consistently.
- Melee strikes against enemies while crouched should now register more consistently.
- General melee aiming improvements: For example, Tuk’s powerful attack will now make it easier to hit enemies without using a target lock.
- Arrows will now safely pass through branches and leaves of trees.
- New customization option that will allow players to disable mini cutscenes on kills.
- Timed in-game events and rewards are now displayed in-game.
- Character balance changes
- Surging Smash will no longer kill Took with one hit.
- John can now use Wrath to cancel assassination attempts.
- John can no longer be eliminated while under Wrath. However, the Sheriff can still kill him.
- Reduced hit registration for a running attack.
- Aiming now spends stamina and blocks its regeneration.
- The Roving Rogue perk now only grants one arrow. Crossbow bolts no longer break when affected by this perk.
- Added a 0.5-second delay. meanwhile, Marianne takes aim and can shoot, which makes it impossible for her to quickly shoot offhand.
- The smoke bomb’s range on AI enemies has been reduced.
- Powerful attack no longer affects allied characters.
- Healing Gas no longer has a negative effect on AI opponents.
- Reduced the range of poison gas on AI enemies.
- Poison gas no longer hides the player from the Sheriff; it still affects other guards.
- Melee strikes against opponents in a crouched position should be recorded more consistently.
- Blinding Bomb now works more effectively, removing interface elements (such as a mini-map) from the screen of characters hit by it.
- The blinding bomb removes the lock on the target and prevents the hit character from choosing the target
for the duration of its effect.
Smoke Bomb Change:
Characters within Smoke Bomb’s range:
- Cannot see indicators above the heads of other characters outside the smoke cloud (health indicators/marks).
- Cannot be marked by characters outside the smoke cloud.
- Not displayed on the enemy map / mini-map.
Characters outside the bomb range:
- Cannot see indicators above the heads of other characters in a cloud of smoke (health indicators/marks). – Can’t see characters in a cloud of smoke on the map/minimap. – Cannot mark characters in a cloud of smoke and see their markings. – Players now need to get much closer to a target in a cloud of smoke to capture it.
If two (or more) players find themselves in a cloud of smoke no more than 3.5 meters from each other, they can see interface elements above each other’s heads.
- Fixed a rare PC bug that caused the game to crash when minimizing a window using Alt-Tab while in full-screen mode.
- Fixed other rare causes of the game crash.
- Fixed various localization bugs.
- Fixed various interface bugs.
- Fixed a bug due to which a player, muted on the map, could stop moving while the map was open.
- Fixed a bug due to which players could get stuck on the map screen after mute another player.
- Fixed a bug in the invite system that caused invited players to continue to stay in their camp.
- Fixed a bug due to which the blinding bombs would reset the charges of arrows/bolts of Robin and Marianne.
The developers also promised to include a double experience over the weekend and talked about what awaits players in the near future. Of course, the PvE mode in July, as well as an interesting rework of the winch mechanics, will be discussed later. They will also continue to pay close attention to the following aspects of the game:
- Character balance (attacks, dodges, abilities, perks)
- Improving AI behavior in combat (targeting, priorities)
- Changes to improve the usability
Hood: Outlaws & Legends is available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X / S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.