The Minister of Health of the State of Baja California Sur publishes the latest information on the COVID-19 surveillance situation every Monday through his official website, and On Monday, August 21, data showed an increase in the number of active cases and deaths from COVID-19.
La Paz, Los Cabos and Comondo have 21, 19 and 1 active cases respectively, New deaths in La Pazwhile 44 of the recovered cases statewide.
20 suspected cases, 122 active cases, 2,774 deaths, 123,775 cured cases, A total of 126,661 cases have now been registered statewide.
° Covid-19: subvariant EG.5.1, which according to experts is known
Coronaviruses are a class of viruses that cause a variety of illnesses, from the common cold to more serious respiratory illnesses, and are transmitted between humans and animals. sometimes, Those viruses that infect animals can evolve, spread to humans and become new strains Coronaviruses are capable of causing disease in humans.
It is therefore imperative for all to develop the habit of taking measures, including simple hygiene procedures, both personal and environmental, usually in different places where they carry out their daily activities.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use a 70% alcohol gel solution.
- When coughing or sneezing, follow sneezing etiquette by covering your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or the inside corner of your arm.
- Do not touch your face with dirty hands, especially your nose, mouth and eyes.
- Stay home if you have a respiratory illness and seek medical attention if you develop any symptoms (fever over 38°C, headache, sore throat, runny nose, etc.).
- Avoid contact with people with respiratory illnesses as much as possible
Applying hygiene procedures can help prevent the spread of the virus, Working together to gradually reduce the increase in active COVID-19 cases The entire Southern California population and the support of public health agencies.