written in trend he
recent, Federal Committee for Sanitation Risk Protection (Cofepris) has published a list of the most polluted beaches in Mexico. Have you ever wondered what disease you could get if you swam at one of these beaches?
According to Cofepris, they analyzed 289 beaches in 17 states the country’s coast, where 275 fit For recreational use.
What about the rest of the beaches?about 14 travel destinations resulting in higher levels of pollutants.
What are the polluted beaches?
- Rosarito, in Rosarito
- Rosarito 1, in Rosarito
- Linda, in Tapachula
- Breakwater, in Tapachula
- Caletilla, Acapulco
- Oven, in Acapulco
- Trapanocha (Acapulco)
- Main Beach, Zihuatanejo
- Oasis, Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Angelito, Puerto Escondido
- Main Beach, Puerto Escondido
- Pelican, Veracruz
- Veracruz Regatta
Health Effects of Swimming at Polluted Beaches
Swimming at a polluted beach can have serious health consequences. Contaminated water may contain a variety of bacteria, viruses, protozoa and other microorganisms that may cause disease.
Some of the more common waterborne diseases include:
- Acute gastroenteritis: Inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract leads to vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.
- skin infection. Caused by bacteria, viruses or fungi present in the water, causing dermatitis, rash and itching.
- Respiratory infection: These are acquired through inhalation of water and can seriously affect people with asthma or allergies.
- Conjunctivitis: Inflammation of the membrane covering the eye, possibly caused by bacteria or viruses in the water.
- vector borne disease: Standing water in polluted areas can attract disease-carrying insects such as mosquitoes and ticks, increasing the risk of diseases such as dengue and Lyme disease.
in some cases swimming polluted water It can lead to more serious illnesses such as meningitis, encephalitis, and even death.
Eye!If you’re considering visiting a maritime destination, check out the list below polluted rural beach And look for a destination that won’t affect your health, as you might suffer from any of these ailments.