(CNN Spanish) – The moment arrive. This Thursday the documentary The Beatles: Get Back opens, which will show unpublished scenes from the ‘Liverpool quartet’ and which is directed by Oscar winner Peter Jackson.
It is a documentary series with three chapters (one premieres this Thursday, another this Friday and the last one can be seen on Saturday).
This docuseries includes “60 hours of never-before-seen footage, shot over 21 days under the direction of Michael Lindsay-Hogg in 1969 and more than 150 hours of unreleased audio, most of which was stored in a vault for more than half a century, “according to the Disney + platform, where the film will be available.
With this new documentary, it is clear that “beatlemania” seems to be immortal. If you can’t stand the wait until tomorrow, you could opt for other movies. The ones they showed you below were released in the active period of The Beatles (1960-1970).
Other films about The Beatles
- A Hard Day’s Night (1964). A musical comedy that portrays a day in the life of young The Beatles and how they have to overcome obstacles to get to a live performance.
- Help! (1965). An adventure and comedy film where John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison have to protect Ringo Starr from a threat.
- Magical Mystery Tour (1967). Television film in which the band gets on a bus for a surreal journey.
- Yellow submarine (1968). Animated ‘Liverpool quartet’ film in which “the Beatles agree to go with Captain Fred in his yellow submarine to Pepperland to free him from the music-hating Blue Meanies,” according to IMDb.
- Let it be (1969). Documentary about “The Beatles’ attempt to regain their old group spirit by making a back to basics album, which instead pushed them further away,” IMDb mentions. After this film, The Beatles won an Oscar for best musical adaptation.