From the Progetto Arte press office
On Saturday, September 1, the Annunziata complex will host the final event of Progetto ARTE, a kind of travel diary through creativity, communication and beauty. Round table in the morning and creative workshops open to all in the afternoon.
It was a long journey, lasting more than two years, which gave impressions, emotions, communication and beauty. Through workshops, tours, trips, exhibitions, participation in shows and concerts, and much more, project participants, people with various disabilities, were able to experience (and demonstrate) how much culture and art in 360 ° are produced and used, can be a means of social integration and personal self-realization. It’s time for salutations and balances, Progetto Arte (Autonomy. Relationships. Territory. Expressiveness) has decided to organize a grand final event, which will take place on Saturday, September 1st, in the premises of the Annunziata complex in Sestri Levante.
So Katerina Marrone and Elena Ortika, representatives of the project:
“We have reached the final stage of a long and significant journey of encounters, emotions and life experiences. September 1, the date of the final event of Progetto Arte, was intended as a moment of celebration and an opportunity to share with all those present the many activities made possible by the resources provided by the project. During these two and a half years, we experimented with how to work in synergy with institutions and associations, with unexpected results: more than 140 people joined and found opportunities in the project activities to build relationships and strengthen their social skills.
We are very satisfied with the participation and enthusiasm shown by the children and their families and hope that the benefits and cooperation go beyond the completion of the project.”
The program of the day will be divided into two parts:
– a round table, starting from 10, which will bring together all the actors involved in the project, from representatives of institutions (mayors of municipalities participating in the project, representatives of social districts, ASL) to ateliers, from event participants to participating associations, each of which can bring your own testimonies and thoughts.
– a day full of activities open to all, with exhibitions, shows, workshops, a kind of “travel diary” of the ARTE project, but at the same time a great final party where everyone can experience the joy of creativity. All activities will be translated into Italian Sign Language (LIS). There will also be a musical performance by the Other Music Marching Band, a small and explosive formation created as part of the Musica Really Masterclasses, which will present Dixieland music and early jazz. With the participation of the White Hands of Chiavari Liguria choir, consisting of boys and girls (deaf, hearing and other disabilities), who perform along with musical numbers with choreography and translations into LIS.
The workshops, free and open to all, will last 45 minutes and will be repeated at the following times: 2:40 pm, 3:40 pm and 4:40 pm.
Photography Lab – Experiments with cyanotype, the ancient art of photography.
Pottery Workshop – Clay Textures
Music master class – “Really Music”
Master class “Let’s draw … with paper”
So adds Lucia Merione, president of the cooperative Il Sentiero di Arianna: “With Arte, an acronym for autonomy, relations, territory, expression, our cooperative wanted to achieve the inclusion of people with disabilities in three ways: by creating art workshops to encourage self-expression, relationships with others and make personal skills and abilities visible and recognizable; organization of visits and introductions to local art objects for the direct use of cultural resources through the presence of experienced guides and professionals (teachers, LIS liaison assistants, etc.); implementation of activities aimed at a wide audience, in the context of festivals and cultural events, through which it is possible to convey a different image of people with disabilities: people with different views and views that enrich and improve our communities.”
The artistic project was realized by: Il Sentiero di Arianna (responsible organization), Associazione Aperta Parentesi, Il Raggio csc, Mediaterraneo Servizi, thanks to the support of the Liguria region, through the resources of the Development and Cohesion Fund and the program of the European Social Regional Fund. Axis 2 “Social Inclusion and Combating Poverty” – Line 2 is an integrated path dedicated to promoting the social inclusion of disadvantaged people through access to culture, arts and sports_Sub linea Cultura.
ART PROJECT SUMMARY
Start of the project in April 2021 and completion (with extension) in September 2023
169 people joined (people with disabilities aged 18 to 30 living in the province of Genoa)
Socio-medical districts were involved on 14/15/16, which also freed up space for laboratories
· No. 47 workshops of 7 different types (theatre, cinema, painting, ceramics, photography, radio and painting)
· No. 29 “places of culture” activities, including concerts, museums, theatrical performances, visits to the Aquarium of Genoa, the Egyptian Museum of Turin, cinema, experimental activities, visits to the territories (5 Terres), stargazing, reading aloud in the library
· No. 3 public events: Othello’s Circus theatrical performance in summer 2021, Andersen Festival, Andersen Festival exhibition “Senssoltre” in June 2022 and Word Festival “Con-tatto Stories” 2022.
· Exhibition “Trame Con-Crete” – a selection of works created during the ceramic workshops of Daniela Mangini, presented at the Museum of Ceramics of Savona and at the Palazzo Fasci in Sestri Levante.
· short film made in film labs: “Che Divina questo Commedia” presented in the cinemas of the region (Sestri Levante, Chiavari and Rapallo)
· “concert” realized with the participants of the “Musica davvero” master class, in collaboration with some musicians of the Philharmonic Society in Chiavari and with the Val d’Aveto Orchestra in San Stefano d’Aveto
MUSIC: Anna Merione and Andrea Massone
CERAMICS: Daniela Mangini
PAINTING: Ornella Pittaluga and Maria Rocca
RADIO: CIF with Rocco Spinho and Matteo Casari
MOVIE: Open bracket with Maria Tassano
THEATER: Viola Villa, Antonio Panello, Antonio Carletti.
PHOTO: Roberto Montanari, Giuditta Nelli and Simona Olivieri from A Pois.
Sensoltre exhibition: a tactile path accessible to all equally through a multi-sensory experience, beyond sight. Within minutes, the visitor travels virtually, from painting to painting, in a series of stories between voice and music. We go beyond sight to develop deep perception and sensation. The unprecedented multi-sensory concept of the exhibition is able to expand and diversify the attractiveness of the territory in the cultural and entertainment sector as a whole.
“Contact Stories”: 3 testimonials that represent the key word of the 2022 festival, STRONG, clearly leaning in the positive direction (in this case, the stubbornness of people with disabilities will be said to overcome social barriers with the obligation to lead a “normal” life) say a friend friend (Mattia Muratore, paralysis of the lower extremities, wheel hockey champion and one of the official photographers Luciano Ligabue, who presented his book: “I was born like this, but don’t tell anyone”; Toto Cascio, retinitis pigmentosa disease, a film actor whom everyone remembers from role as the protagonist (child) in G. Tornatore’s film “Nuovo Cinema Paradiso”, who will present his story told in the short film “With Open Eyes” produced by Rai Cinema, which takes place in the locations where the Oscar-winning film was filmed; TuttoTuzzo and Susie, also known as Federico and Susanna Patuzzi, are two 20-year-old tik toker brothers who have devastated social media with their videos featuring Susanna, a girl with Down syndrome. They have thousands of followers, including Justin Bieber and Chiara Ferragni, who are literally crazy about the couple making hilarious videos.
Teachers/operators who took part in the project:
Valeria Bacigalupo, Barbara Bonfiglio, Simone Braghetti, Guido Fellin, Daniel Festa, Daniela Andrea Kaufmann, Agnese Manco, Serena Olivieri, Simone Oneto, Claudia Pezzi, Manuela Provinzano, Lorenzo Puppo, Ilenia Ravettino, Sarah Rebori, Daniela Repetto, Simone Stagnaro.