Here’s one selection of the most famous phrases about singles spoken by intellectuals, artists and famous people, to reflect on what it means not to live as a couple and understand that, after all, what is really important is to feel good about yourselfbefore with a partner.
Let’s see them below.
Aphorisms about singles
Through words is a lot easier to express your thoughts: Here’s how to explain what it means to be single.
- When I’m alone, I’m happy. William Carlos Williams
- Always see what is left with you, not what is lost. Robert H. Schuller
- I like being single. I’m always there when you need me. Anonymous
- In solitude, the mind gains strength and learns to lean on itself. Laurence Sterne
- Whoever knows others is wise, whoever knows himself is enlightened. Lao Tzu
- If we seek heaven outside of ourselves, we cannot find it in our hearts. Thomas Merton
- I always thought the worst thing in life was to be alone. It is not. The worst thing is being with people who make you feel alone. robin williams
- I don’t need Prince Charming to get my happy ending. Katy Perry
- You alone are enough. You don’t have to prove anything to anyone. Maya Angelou
- Maybe I won’t climb to great heights, but I will climb alone. Edmond Rostand
- The worst loneliness is not being comfortable with yourself. Mark Twain
- Being alone is the fate of all great minds: a fate sometimes regretted, but always chosen as the lesser of two evils. Arthur Schopenhauer
- Love yourself first and everything else will fall into place. You have to really love yourself to do anything in this world. Lucille Ball
- A man can be himself only as long as he is alone. If he doesn’t love solitude, he doesn’t even love freedom, because he is free only when he is alone. Arthur Schopenhauer
The most beautiful quotes about being single
- The deepest relationship we will ever have is with ourselves. Shirley MacLaine
- Being single isn’t bad. It gives a nice sense of irresponsibility. Michael Douglas
- Those who fly alone have the strongest wings. Anonymous
- In solitude, when we are least alone. George Gordon Byron
- When we cannot find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to look for it elsewhere. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- No bird flies too high if it flies on its own wings. William Blake
Funny quotes about singles: the most ironic
The right quotes to bring a breath of irony into your single life. The perfect phrases for singles for those who they don’t like to take themselves too seriously and who always know how to grasp the fun side of life.
- Every time I decline an invitation to go out somewhere in the world, one of the 50 cats I will spend my old age with is born. From Twitter
- 1 galaxy, 8 planets, 192 countries, 180497 islands, 85 seas, 7 million people and I’m still single! Anonymous
- If you don’t find the love of your life on the 15th try, you will be assigned an office cat. From Twitter
- Do you also feel this desire to fall in love and be loved but at the same time to remain single for life? Anonymous
- When we are single we see everyone in love and happy. When we are engaged we see everyone single and happy From Twitter
- There are people who get married for a stroke of lightning and others who remain single for a stroke of genius. Peanuts
- Singles on the beach you recognize them immediately. They are the ones with tanning cream only in front. Anonymous
- For tonight I have prepared an intimate outfit that I can already imagine the face of my duvet. Anonymous
- “You are single?” “Nope, compilations.” From Twitter
- You know you’ve done something wrong when your boyfriend asks why you’re still single. Anonymous
- Happy San Faustino to all singles. What are you going to do with your cats tonight?
- You are single by choice. Of nature. From Twitter
- Single by choice? No, in love by mistake. Anonymous
Singles quotes in english
A collection of single phrases in english and italian.
- To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
- Loving yourself is the beginning of a lifelong love story. Oscar Wilde
- You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
- You yourself, like everyone else in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. Buddha
- I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person.
- I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You have to know how to be alone and not defined by another person. Oscar Wilde
- Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.
- Great spirits are like eagles, and they build their nests at great heights in solitude. Arthur Schopenhauer
- I may climb perhaps to no great heights, but I will climb alone.
- I can climb perhaps not too high peaks, but I will climb them alone. Cyrano de Bergerac
- Only the strong can live alone, the strong and the selfish.
- Only the strong can live alone, the strong and selfish. Charles Bukowski
- They are never alone that are accompanied with noble thoughts.
- It is never alone who is accompanied by noble thoughts. Philip Sidney
- I’ve never been lonely. I like myself. I’m the best form of entertainment I have.
- I have never felt alone. I like myself. They are the best form of entertainment I have. Charles Bukowski