When it comes to cleaning in a Spanish home, especially the kitchen, we usually focus on cleaning the oven, floor, kitchen counters or fridge and ceramic hob, but what about the sink drain? Although it might be overlooked at first, this area is one of the most important in the kitchen because food can easily accumulate in it. Food scraps, grease and other debrisIn addition to clogging, there can be a bad smell and even the appearance of annoying fruit flies.
If you want to make sure your sink stays stable Disinfection is perfect, no clogging, no smellEnsuring a good and proper cleaning of this part of the kitchen is crucial.Here we show you some simple but most effective tips with which you can ensure that your sink totally clean and relaxed. record.
Helpful tips for keeping your drain system free of odors or clogs
These helpful tips will help you keep gutters clean From the kitchen:
(Put salt on the broom: Grandma’s trick for extra cleaning power)
- Avoid pouring oil down the drain: As the oil cools, it solidifies and forms a layer of fat that is very difficult to remove.
- Don’t throw away food: This will just build up in the ducts, creating a clog and a bad smell.
- Add boiling water from time to time: Pouring boiling water will help you clean the pipes while removing any grime that may be trapped inside. This gesture can help you clean your pipes, but experts recommend that the water not reach 100°C. to avoid damage.
Foolproof Tips for Getting Rid of Sink Odors and Clogs
if what you want is Clears Odors and Clogs Starting at the kitchen sink, we recommend practicing this simple trick with natural ingredients.
- cleaning white vinegar
- sodium bicarbonate
- hot water
Steps to follow:
(Learn the revolutionary reason why you should put a dishwasher tablet in the toilet)
- Pour one cup of baking soda Sodium in sink drains. Baking soda acts as a cleaning agent and helps neutralize bad smells.
- add one 1 cup white vinegar in the gutter. The baking soda and vinegar mixture creates an effervescent reaction that helps dissolve accumulated grease and debris in the pipes.
- Cover the drain with a plug or cap Temporarily about 5 to 10 minutes for the reaction to take place in the tubing.
- after waiting, Bring the water to a boil, slowly pour in Rinse and remove any loose debris from the baking soda and vinegar mixture.
- If the smell persists, you may choose to add Add a tablespoon of salt to the drain, then pour in the water It’s hot again.
Two More Tips for Cleaning Your Kitchen Drain
If this trick is not enough, then we will detail other tricks There are two more programs This can help you eliminate odors and clogs in your sink.
with salt and lemon
To test this cleaning trick, you can simply pour a cup of salt down your sink drain and it will clean. soft abrasive It helps to clean the walls of the pipes, eliminating residue and unpleasant odors.
Then cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice down the drain and cover over the salt, you can also use lemon slices instead of juice.lemon will bring fresh and pleasant smellwhile having natural antimicrobial properties to eliminate odor-causing bacteria.
(How to get rid of mosquitoes in the car: 5 tricks to achieve)
Finally, let the mixture sit for a few minutes. Let the salt and lemon work on the pipes And pour hot water to rinse and remove residue and odor.
with grease remover
Degreasing products such as KH7 are specially used for disinfection and disinfection. kitchen deep cleaning, so it can be a great helper for removing grease from hard-to-reach places such as drains. Plus, it has double degreasing and sanitizing capabilities, perfect for quickly cleaning anywhere and keeping away bad smells.
When using, just spray KH7 degreaser on the drainage area, act for 30 minutes, rinse with plenty of water, and then wipe off with a damp cloth.In addition to daily cleaning, do these every 10 or 15 days Prevents clogged pipes or bad smells from recurring.