inter miami The team has undergone a complete transformation recently after signing Lionel Messi and other international names such as Spaniards Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba. Since landing in Fort Lauderdale, the pink-and-black team has gone from being the worst team in the Eastern Conference to winning the League Cup, reaching the U.S. Open finals (Wednesday, September 27, against the Houston Dynamo) and dreaming of Qualified for MLS playoffs.
Another important factor in Garzas’ resurgence is their new technical director, Argentinian Gerardo Martino.during an interview sports worldThe Rosario strategist recounted details of the talks he held with the seven-time Ballon d’Or winner before arriving in the United States, where he proposed “10” with basketball stars such as LeBron James, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant What’s Similar spoke about his relationship with David Beckham, one of the principal owners of the organization, and what it’s like working with his son on the coaching staff.
In a press contact with the aforementioned outlet, the former Newell’s and Barcelona player was asked about basketball figures such as Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James – or Zinedine Zidane in football How the internal – has evolved over time, they asked him if these cases were comparable to the situation of the 2022 World Champion in Qatar. “I think so because all these athletes have a similar mentality. This mentality has not changed since he was 17 years old until this stage of his sports career. In that sense, that’s what all these athletes have in common. The way they compete. They always strive to do their best. In some cases these are individual sports as well as team sports. But they always strive to be the best, improve their team and improve their teammates. ” Later, he added: “Then his intellectual ability to interpret every stage of his life and bring out the best in those moments. They realize how they can maximize those aspects because a person is no longer the same person when they are 20, 25, 30 or 35 years old. No one can reach these privileged heights without first-rate intelligence. They figure out for themselves where they are, how they contribute, what they need to do to be their best. They do this with ease throughout their careers. “
Meanwhile, the technical director illustrated the Argentinian’s desire for victory with an anecdote that happened after Inter Miami’s first game: “After our 0-0 draw with Nashville, Leo was visibly frustrated. I had to tell He’s calm, we’re not going to win every game. We can’t allow draws, but we have to keep finding ways to grow. I’m bitter inside. It’s like we’re losing games. We’re still trying to find our team, but He’s always looking to win and it’s hard to change that mentality. I never want to change that mindset either.That’s what makes it better“.
“I love that Leo is having fun. But more importantly, he has not lost his desire to compete. This is the most important aspect. There are many ways people can enjoy playing games. But there is no doubt that everything is more valuable when there is a desire to compete, when there is a desire to continue to prove that you are the best in the world, help the team and get results. Their joy is contagious and we ultimately prove it. He’s eager to work, eager to advance, eager to build closer relationships with his colleagues…that speaks volumes about his mindset. ” Tata On the Argentinian captain’s easy adjustment to the United States.
The coach also praised the unity within the squad following the arrival of several reinforcements, which has enabled them to go 11 games unbeaten. “A very important point to emphasize is how the team responds to the arrival of these three players. Because the results could be completely different. He could become a huge burden on other players and affect his performance. Or they could feel there is not enough support. and the security of being able to put your best foot forward, and I think that’s what happened. It makes us all better. The group understands that experienced players with longer careers will have more responsibility. They already know their role and how to move forward. Everyone has adapted well. From where I sit, I have three outstanding football players. We added pieces around it that made sense based on how we played. We realize our style of play is still a work in progress. There are many things we can improve. We need results. “This is what is required of us at this moment,” he commented.
“When we were in Rosario we discussed in detail the league and the type of situations I would encounter in Atalanta, the characteristics of the league, the teams we would face, Cities we will visit, amount of travel, cold, heat, snow, storms, and games postponed until the weather improves. Whether the flight can take off depends on the opponent’s physique. “That’s what we discussed then and now we’re going to be more specific about who we’re going to play and how we’re going to approach the game,” Martino admitted.
What do you have to say about players like Lionel Messi:
– “The type of conversations we had focused on the opponent and his characteristics. And how we were going to face the game. We wanted to be more polished in all aspects of our game and the way we tried to get the ball to him. But we never talked about his Individual role. I think what we need is to give him the freedom to get into spaces where he can find the right playing conditions. As a team, what we have to do is adapt to their movements and not limit their movements. I think that’s it One of the secrets of Argentina’s success. When you move around the pitch, have the right pieces ready. “That’s the point of a lot of our conversations. “
Lionel Messi’s physical condition:
– “Leo has no plan. The last time we spoke to Scaloni was after we won the US Open. It’s the start of Argentina’s World Cup qualifiers and we have a lot of important games to play and I don’t think any form of competition Neither wise. Conversation with Scaloni. The best thing would be for Argentina to start the qualifiers calmly. Of course, Leo and Scaloni have already talked about the situation they are in and what the most convenient outcome is. Once Messi gets here we will do the same thing, but obviously we will have all the information that happens this week.”
– “No matter what happens, nothing is more important than the health of the players. In this case, it is Leo. It could also be another player. No matter how important a game is, we have to make sure that all players are healthy, and Rather than risk them or aggravate an injury. We will evaluate it as soon as it arrives and decide the best course of action for our next game.
What does it mean to work with your son Gerardo and what is his role on the coaching staff:
– “Due to the nature of our work, we now spend more time together talking about football, our training sessions and our opponents. It’s all good. “I’m very happy to be able to work with him and share this experience together. “
– “He is our third assistant after me and Jorge (Taylor). Provides information on our opponents and compiles reports on our team. We make the most of your language skills in our training sessions, regardless Do you conduct the training yourself or do it as a translator. “Every employee has a role to play. “
His connection with David Beckham:
– “David was always with us during our first month at the club. He attended every training session. He attended all the games. He has a very close relationship with the team. He is very friendly and respectful. He has a great relationship with The relationship between the players and staff is excellent. I can’t comment on his involvement in player signings because he usually has these conversations with Chris and Nicky. They keep David updated on those conversations. But because of his status and what he stood for, he earned a lot of respect and he was approachable and courteous to the entire team.”