To the court this Tuesday, the capital accumulates 723 infectious patients, as well as 1,350 suspected cases. In addition, add 32 deaths per COVID-19also the main point of fatalities of the Republic.
At the national level, the number of cases of people infected with coronavirus increased to 2,785 patients, reported the Secretariat of Health (SSa) and the number of fatalities increased to 141.
It is for this reason that the reduction of the influx of people in the public transport in the mobility vehicle in the last few weeks, due to the measures of prevention and mitigation of the health authorities against the pandemic, have been very important.
“We have seen a decrease of an average of 60% on the main public transport” said Tuesday the deputy minister of Health, Hugo Lopez-Gatellduring the press conference with the latest update of the situation of the COVID-19 in the country.
The official presented two graphs that showed the substantial reduction of the inflow in both sections. In the public transport, the use of the Metro (Collective Transport system), Metrobus service, RTP (Passenger Transport network) and Light Rail was reduced by 60% in the week from 1 to 5 April 2020.
In the case of the Trolley-bus and the service Ecobici, the reduction was even higher, 70% in both cases, and even during one of those days, the use of bicycles by the government of the capital was reduced up to 80 percent.
Between the transports which, above all, to communicate to the mexican capital with the frontier State of Mexico, the Mexibus presented a decrease of 50% at the end of the weekend, and the Mexicable was reduced to just over 40 percent. The Suburban Railway also introduced the reduction of 60% at the end of the week.
“This is good news, we very much appreciate the cooperation of the people residing in Mexico City and also in the Area Greater, we know that many ordinary citizens who live from day to day use public transport and are making an effort” stressed López-Gatell.
The case of the reduction of the flow of traffic in the city was even greater. In the first week (from 17 to 22 march) of the sanitary contingency, the reduction was almost 70% over those days, especially towards the end of the week.
In the second week (23-29 march), the reduction was even greater: every day there was a decrease of more than 80% of the traffic usual in a day “common”. Lopez-Gatell said that the decline was “impressive” and also thanked those who remain at home, following the measures of the National Day of Sanna Away.
“One of the interesting changes in the case of the flow of traffic is that not only is there a reduction, but that seems to have changed the time distribution of trips” said for his part the secretary of Mobility of the City of Mexico, Andres Lajous.
The absence of peaks in part be explained because fewer people are complying with work schedules and school. But at 12 of the day, and especially on the weekend it is likely that you have trips “supply” of homes, he explained.
It is worth remembering that Mexico is found from the last week in a public health emergency, for reasons of force majeure. The non-essential activities, including the government, have been suspended until 30 April. The authorities seek to reduce the curve of the infection and thus prevent collapse of the medical system of the country.