along with winterrespiratory diseases such as pneumonia, Bronchiolitisand the well-known influenza They present themselves as unwelcome visitors looking for environments conducive to their reproduction. Enclosed spaces and poor ventilation increase chances of contagion.
Despite these challenges, prevention has a role to play. With hygiene, vaccinations, and adequate nutrition, we can face this season with greater safety and well-being. We tell you what you need to know to stay protected.
How to Prevent Flu Due to Changes in Weather
provided numbers Argentine Ministry of Health National Epidemiological Bulletin N.661 SE 28 | 2023 They provide an overview of the current situation. During the past epidemiological week, 531,596 cases of influenza-induced illness (ILI), 89,031 cases of pneumonia, 117,836 cases of bronchiolitis in children under two years of age, and 10,131 cases of internalized acute respiratory infection (ARIG) were reported.
In addition, 9.47% of the samples analyzed by rt-PCR were positive for SARS-CoV-2, 16.46% for influenza virus, and 2.70% for RSV. Since the beginning of the year, 43 people have died from the flu.
these diseases, Especially affects vulnerable groups such as young children, older adults and those with pre-existing medical conditions, can be prevented through simple and effective measures. Pneumonia, bronchiolitis and influenza pose health threats, especially for those with weakened immune systems, notes Dr. Leandro Crisostomo, MP 3850, clinician at Boreal Salud.
Key recommendations facing this season
- 1. Influenza vaccination: Consulting a health professional and getting a flu shot are important strategies to protect yourself and reduce the spread of the virus.
- 2. Sanitation and cleaning: Washing your hands often with soap and water, using disinfectant, and keeping shared spaces clean can help prevent the spread of disease.
- 3. Balanced nutrition: A diet rich in vitamins and minerals can strengthen the immune system and increase resistance to disease.
- 4. Sufficient ventilation: Keep the confined space well ventilated and avoid sudden changes in temperature when entering a high temperature environment.
- 5. Primary care: Regular consultation with a health professional for an accurate diagnosis, preventive advice and adequate treatment is essential in the face of any ailment.
It also underscores the importance of being vigilant for warning signs that indicate more serious illness. If symptoms persist, It is important to seek medical attention in case of high fever, difficulty breathing, chest pain, family spread or disease progression.
Winter protection is not just a seasonal task. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, exercising regularly, staying hydrated, and receiving medical care for any complications has been the norm for years. By following these guidelines, you can enjoy a healthier winter and fight respiratory illnesses stronger.