Rats, like some insects, are considered household pests because they can spread disease, contaminate food and damage people’s property. Therefore, it is very important to establish effective methods to eliminate them.
Today we’ll discuss the diseases that rats can spread and the most effective ways to eradicate them from your home.
What diseases can rats spread?
this mouseFor many, they are considered pests, others consider them their greatest fear, and some decide to adopt them as softer, furry pets, and they come in many varieties. Genetically modified species top the long list of animals used in biomedical research, drug development, and even mouse-based social research.
What diseases can rats spread?
Throughout history, these small rodents have been vectors for spreading viruses various diseases are dangerous for humans and today we will share some of them:
Hantavirus: he Hantavirus is a potentially serious disease spread by inhalation of particles contaminated with feces and urine of infected mice. It causes fever, muscle pain, shortness of breath and, in severe cases, hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, which can be fatal.
Leptospirosis: This bacterial disease can be spread by contact with water, soil or food contaminated with the urine of infected mice. It can cause fever, muscle pain, jaundice and kidney damage.
salmonellosis: Rats and mice can carry the bacteria salmonella In your gut, food and surfaces can be contaminated when they come into contact with feces. Salmonellosis can cause severe gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and fever.
black death: Though rare, the Black Death was a disease caused by bacteria Yersinia pestiswhich can be spread by infected fleas to mice. It causes fever, chills, swollen lymph nodes and, in severe cases, pneumonia.
tick borne disease: Although they do not transmit directly, mice can be hosts to ticks that transmit diseases such as Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
How to get rid of mice?
There are plenty of suggestions for getting rid of rats, however, some tend to be a bit cruel and useless, such as the famous method of putting hot sauce wherever they walk, peppermint or peppermint in strategic areas, there are even YouTube videos guaranteed to scare them Frequency of.
The best way to get rid of them is always to keep your home hygienic, keep everything organized, try not to leave food within their reach, and even speaking of trash, we recommend that you always keep it enclosed in a container that won’t let you in, so that Make sure they don’t spread around your home or indoors. If despite all hygiene measures, these rodents are still in your home, you may choose to adopt a kitten. These rodents have a highly developed sense of smell, so if they smell a predator near their territory, they may flee.
The most effective rodent control method
- Seal and clean: close all possible inputs You have mice in your house. Checks for and seals cracks, holes and openings in walls, floors and ceilings. Make sure the area is free of clutter and litter that might attract mice.
- mouse trap: Use traps to catch mice. Classic traps, glue traps, and electronic traps are common choices. Place mousetraps in areas where mice are active, such as along walls, near burrows, and where there are signs of activity.
- Poison bait: Poison baits are another option, but should be used with caution. If you decide to use poison baits, be sure to keep them out of the reach of children and pets. Also, follow the manufacturer’s instructions and check local regulations.
- cat and dog: Having a cat or dog can help repel mice. The presence of predators can deter rodents from approaching your home.
- food prevention: Store food in airtight containers and avoid leaving crumbs or food residue. Regularly clean areas where food debris may be present.
- away from vegetation: Trim shrubs, weeds, and vegetation around your home away from buildings to reduce potential hiding places for mice.
- outside is sealed: In addition to sealing the doorways in your home, consider sealing cracks and openings outside to prevent mice from finding their way.
- Ultrasonic method: The sound from ultrasonic equipment is believed to repel rats. However, its effectiveness is questionable and may vary.
- Pest Control Professionals: If infection is severe or persistent, consider hiring Pest Control Professionals. They have extensive experience in identifying, treating and preventing rodent infestations safely and effectively.
Alternatives to traditional methods
If these persist, there will be many method This can be effective without resorting to cruelty, such as a mesh trap that closes when rodents enter the door, they are trapped inside without any harm, and after catching them, you can release them where it doesn’t represent them Area. A risk to society and a long way from your home.
We know you may be concerned that they will be unpleasant for you, however, we hope that you can always try the less brutal methods first and then, if none work, choose the harshest method, always try to get close if need be professional. Do fumigation or something that could endanger the lives of your home or neighbors.
Share science, share knowledge.