Skin care is important at any stage of life. During adolescence, however, they become crucial. You know why? Let’s introduce it in detail below.
Adolescence is a time of transition and major change in a person’s life.One of the most prominent and noteworthy aspects of puberty is the development of the skin and with it the The appearance of common problems, such as acne and blemishes.
That’s why facial hygiene for teens becomes an important part of their personal care routine. So, how do teens do proper facial cleansing? Stay until the end to find out.
Skin changes during puberty
First of all, it is necessary to understand how the skin changes at this stage.Puberty brings hormonal fluctuations, which can lead to Increased production of sebum in the sebaceous glands of the skin.
Therefore, excess sebum can clog pores and create an environment conducive to the growth of bacteria, which can lead to acne and blackheads.
Acne aside, according to an article in the journal Advances in Dermatology and Allergysome teenagers They may also have oily skin, dry skin, and other blemisheswhich increases the need to pay attention to proper facial hygiene.
Because it matters?
Facial hygiene plays a vital role in the health and appearance of a teen’s skin. Next, we’ll highlight some of the most important benefits.
1. Controls acne and blemishes
maintain proper facial hygiene Helps remove excess oil and impurities from the skin, thereby reducing the likelihood of clogged pores and the appearance of acne and blackheads. Therefore, it is recommended to start your skin care routine with a face wash specially formulated for oily skin.
2. Prevent skin infections
Regular facial cleansing can reduce the number of bacteria on the skin, which reduces the risk of skin infections and more serious diseases. even, Drying with a clean towel is recommended, not the hand towels used by other cohabitants. In fact, any unclean towel can contain all kinds of bacteria.
3. Improve self-esteem
Clear, healthy skin boosts self-confidence in teens It positively affects their self-esteem and emotional health. An article from indian journal of dermatology He notes that other psychological problems associated with acne have also been documented, such as:
- dissatisfied with appearance
- lack of confidence
- reduced social ties
4. Prevents scarring
The American Academy of Dermatology Association states that controlling acne and skin blemishes can reduce the chance of permanent scarring.OK Severe acne is the one that causes the most scarring, Moderate acne can make you want to touch the lesions and also cause them to appear.
Advice for Proper Facial Hygiene for Teens
Practicing the right facial hygiene habits during adolescence can lay the foundation for healthy, radiant skin in adulthood. Additionally, there is a simple three-step routine: cleanses, moisturizes and protects, It is very beneficial for skin health.
Here are some practical tips for teens to maintain effective and healthy facial hygiene.
- Daily Facial Cleansing: Face must be cleansed twice a day, first in the morning and second in the evening, with a gentle cleanser suitable for your skin type.
- Moisturizer and Sunscreen: Even if your skin is oily, proper hydration with a light, non-comedogenic cream is essential. Also, daily sunscreen is recommended to prevent sun damage and premature aging.
- don’t squeeze the grain: As tempting as it may be, Neumors Teen Health advises against squeezing pimples, as it can exacerbate inflammation and lead to permanent scarring. In turn, you shouldn’t touch or rub your face with your hands, as this can spread bacteria and make acne worse.
- Exfoliate occasionally: Gentle exfoliation once or twice a week can help remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- Change pillowcases regularly– Changing your pillowcase at least once a week will help prevent bacteria from building up on your skin while you sleep.
- Keep eating healthy: A balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables contributes to overall skin health.
- Consult a dermatologist: If skin problems persist or worsen, it is recommended to consult a dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Teen Self-Esteem and Facial Hygiene
Proper Facial Hygiene Is a Basic Pillar of Teen Skin Care. During this time, practicing proper facial hygiene can help control acne and blemishes, improve self-esteem, and promote healthy, radiant skin in the long run.
In turn, by following advice and recommendations, teens can take care of their skin and feel more confident at this stage of life. Facial hygiene is an investment in your physical and mental health This will accompany them throughout their adult lives.
you might be interested…
All cited sources have been thoroughly vetted by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency and validity. The bibliography in this article is believed to be reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- American Academy of Dermatology Association. (nd). 7 Reasons to Treat Acne Early. Date of access: July 28, 2023. https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/acne/diy/treat-early
- Bergler-Czop B, Brzezińska-Wcisło L. (2013). Dermatological problems in adolescence. Advances in Dermatology and Allergy, 30(3), 178-187. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3834713/
- Hazarika, N. and Archana, M. (2016). Psychosocial impact of acne vulgaris. indian journal of dermatology, 61(5), 515-520. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5029236/
- Ludman, P. and Schleehauf, B. (16 November 2022). acne: management skills. American Academy of Dermatology. Date of access: July 31, 2023. https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/acne/skin-care/tips
- Patrick Hyde. Neurons. (2022). Tips for Caring for Your Skin. Date of access: July 28, 2023. https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/skin-tips.html