During a special winter season characterized by large thermal amplitudes and abrupt climate changes, the chances of contracting the typical seasonal diseases of these months increase: pneumonia, bronchiolitis and influenza. What are the five main recommendations for preventing these problems?
Respiratory illnesses, such as pneumonia, bronchiolitis, and flu due to virus and When bacteria find an environment conducive to their reproduction People tend to spend more time indoors with less ventilation.
However, there are ways to prevent them with proper hygiene, a plan Complete vaccinations and proper nutrition.
According to the latest data released by the Argentine Ministry of Health in the bulletin National Epidemiology N.661 SE 28 | 531,596 Influenza-like Cases Registered in 2023 (influenza-type illness), pneumonia 89,031 cases, influenza 117,836 cases 10131 Cases of Bronchiolitis and Respiratory Tract Infection in Children Under Two Years Old Acute Inpatient Care (ARIG).It is also revealed that the calculated positive Outpatient Surveillance Unit Epidemiology Week (SE) 28/2023 for Among them, SARS-CoV-2 was 9.47%, influenza was 16.46%, and RSV was 2.70% Samples were analyzed by rt-PCR. In addition, so far this year, 43 Deceased who were diagnosed with influenza.
“We can see that the most common disease during this time In the annual positive cases, pneumonia accounts for 40%, and bronchiolitis accounts for 30%. Influenza, 20%. These diseases are not only harmful to health, Moreover, such as young children, the elderly and People with weakened immune systems or pre-existing medical conditions Such as diabetes, hypertension, immunosuppression, etc. are more common pretentious. explains Leandro Crisostomo, clinician at Boreal Salud (MP 3850).
In this sense, experts share some advice to prevent seasonal diseases.
1. Flu vaccination: consult a health professional and Getting a flu shot is a key strategy for protecting yourself and others Reduce the spread of the virus.
2. Cleanliness: wash hands frequently with soap and water, Use hand sanitizer and keep the space clean shared.
3. A balanced diet: a diet rich in vitamins and minerals Will strengthen the immune system to build resistance disease.
4. Adequate Ventilation: Keep Spaces Properly Closed Ventilate when entering to avoid sudden temperature changes Heated environment.
5. Primary health care: regular doctor visits and treatment Proper forms of diagnosis, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation It is essential in the treatment of any disease.
“It’s important to be aware of the warning signs that may indicate danger The illness is more serious than a simple flu or common cold.if they have experience Ongoing symptoms such as persistent high fever, shortness of breath, low back pain Chest, parallel transmission between families or progressive disease progression In general, seek medical attention immediately. these signs May indicate complications requiring evaluation and treatment Just in time. added the Northern Health doctor.
Protecting Yourself in Winter Isn’t Just a Time to Do Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is essential over the years good nutrition, exercising regularly and staying well hydrated Consult a health professional before getting a proper diagnosis Any complications and a personalized treatment plan.