In many people’s homes, there are appliances used in the kitchen to make our lives easier, such as refrigerators and microwaves, which are very useful appliances when preserving or heating food.
Currently, people rely on some devices to help us complete different tasks in the simplest way. These devices are a great help in saving time, but, as electronic devices, they must have certain care and maintenance.
As far as the refrigerator is concerned, its use is essential when one wants to preserve prepared and unprepared foods, either by keeping them at a very low temperature or even having the function of being able to freeze them, which Ability to store food for several days without compromising its integrity.
Microwaves, on the other hand, perform the opposite function, the device generates small, high-density waves through a magnetron that bounce off the device’s internal metal walls, directing them toward the food. These waves cause water molecules in the food to vibrate and rub against each other, creating heat within the food.
There is great technology behind both of these appliances, making them essential appliances in the home kitchen, however, since they are appliances that come into frequent contact with food, they must have very strict hygiene requirements as the risk of contamination is very high . internal development.
The consequences of not cleaning your refrigerator and microwave regularly can be very uncomfortable, including the growth of fungus inside the appliance and a strong, unpleasant odor.
Bad odors are the most persistent problem in these devices as they can even linger inside the machinery of the device. That’s why we bring you some foolproof home tips for getting rid of odors in your refrigerator and microwave.
Refrigerator: To quickly and effectively remove odors from your refrigerator, we recommend some of the following tips:
- Inside the refrigerator, you should put the baking soda in a small container, which will absorb any odors.
- A cup of ground coffee helps add flavor to the interior.
- Half a lemon with cloves inserted will bring fragrance to your refrigerator.
- Lemon juice can also help eliminate odors in your refrigerator.
- Wipe with a damp cloth moistened with vinegar, its disinfecting action will eliminate any odors.
- Rub the vanilla extract all over the inside of your refrigerator with a cloth and you’ll notice how fragrant it smells.
- Charcoal is a good choice because its ability to absorb moisture also allows it to eliminate unpleasant odors.
While these simple tips can help eliminate bad odors, they are not the ultimate solution; a certain level of cleanliness is necessary for such appliances in daily use. It is recommended to clean at least every fifteen days and carefully every three months to ensure complete elimination of fungi and bacteria.
Microwave oven: This appliance in particular needs to be cleaned almost every day to prevent bacteria from settling inside and to prevent bad odors from building up inside. The reason it has to be cleaned more frequently is that often the inside of it ends up leaving stains on the walls and ceiling, as well as the sometimes spilled or spilled food and liquids that are being heated.
To quickly and effectively eliminate bad smells that invade your microwave, we offer you the following tips:
- Mix instant coffee and water and heat for 3 minutes.
- Mix vanilla extract and water in a container, microwave it for 2 minutes and you will see how the aroma permeates the entire device.
- Place 30 grams of cloves in the microwave, close the door, and let the aroma soak in for a few minutes without heating the microwave.
- Heat in a container for 3 minutes, add water and vinegar, add lemon slices and let the steam eliminate the bad smell, after a few minutes just wipe with a clean damp cloth to remove traces of dirt.
These tips, whether it is a refrigerator or a microwave, will be of great help, however, this does not solve the problem, the inside of these appliances must be cleaned frequently, which can be done effectively using some homemade mixtures.
- Use a cloth dampened with hydrogen peroxide to eliminate bad odors.
- Use a cloth to apply a tablespoon of baking soda diluted with water to the surface you want to clean.
- Lemon juice mixed with water can help remove stubborn fat.
Share science, share knowledge.