Want to know who is the godmother of the 80th Venice Film Festival? Find out in this article.
The Venice Film Festival, the oldest film festival in the world, is getting ready to celebrate it Episode 80 from August 30 to September 9, 2023. Among the many novelties and attractions that will characterize this event, one of the most anticipated is certainly the figure of the godmother, who will be tasked with: lead the opening and closing evenings of the Exhibition. It’s about Katerina MurinoSardinian actress known for her role as a Bond girl to the cinema Casino Royale.
Who is Caterina Murino
Caterina Murino was born in Cagliari in 1977 and began her modeling career after participating in the Miss Italy pageant in 1996. She made her debut as an actress in 2002 in the TV movie “Girls from Italy” directed by Dino Risi, and since then he has appeared in many films and series both in Italy and abroad.
His most famous role is Solangewife of a wealthy banker who played poker with James Bond, played by Daniel Craigto the cinema Casino Royale 2006. Caterina Murino was the first Italian Bond girl. after Monica Bellucci.
Venice Film Festival 2023: when it starts and how to participate
Who are the previous godparents of the Venice Film Festival?
The tradition of being the godmother of the Venice Film Festival dates back to 2000 when the actress was chosen. Claire Caselli open the 57th Exhibition. Since then, every year a woman from the world of entertainment accompanies the spectators and guests of the event with elegance and sympathy.
Among the previous godparents of the Venice Film Festival, we note some of the most famous and respected:
- Rocio Munoz Morales (2022), Spanish naturalized Italian actress and presenter, partner of Raul Bova;
- Serena Rossi (2021), Italian actress and singer, main character Mina Settembre;
- Anna Foletta (2020), Italian actress known for Perfect Strangers and Far Away;
- Alessandra Mastronardi (2019), Italian actress, face of Master of None and L’allieva;
- Sonia Bergamasco (2016), Italian actress, performer of the films “The Best of Youth” and “Commissioner Montalbano”;
- Eliza Sednawi (2015), Italian-French-Egyptian actress and model who starred in the films Indigène d’Eurasie and Bus Palladium;
- Louise Ranieri (2014), Italian actress, known for “Letters to Juliet” and “Young Montalbano”;
- Eva Riccobono (2013), Italian model and actress, star of the films “Left Passion” and “Indecent Life”;
- Kasia Smutnyak (2012), Polish actress and model, naturalized Italian, star of Perfect Strangers and Them;
- Victoria Puccini (2011), Italian actress much loved by Elisa di Rivombrosa.