Starting the day with a cup of coffee is a routine for most people around the world.this caffeineIt has become an integral element of our daily lives, whether out of necessity, fun or sharing social moments.
Additionally, due to its popularity, numerous studies have been conducted praising the many good properties it contains.More importantly, a cup of coffee every day Bring you the following benefits:
- Antioxidants Fights premature aging and prevents cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- Activate the mindimproves memory and delays the onset of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
- Improve physical performance and reduce muscle pain.
- help Improve concentration.
- relief the pain muscles and head.
- Increase fiber consumptionimprove digestion and prevent constipation.
- decreased Suicide risk and depression.
- reduce Risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- dilates bronchial tubes and facilitates breathingimprove asthma symptoms.
- decreased Liver inflammation Prevent cirrhosis of the liver.
- accelerate Metabolism and fat burning Helps lose weight.
- improved Circulation and skin elasticitythereby reducing cellulite.
Despite all these benefits of consumption, health and medicine association You have been warned about the dangers of drinking coffee within a short period of time after taking any medication. That’s because, as endocrinology expert Luis Barrea explains, interactions are possible.
he coffee It affects the absorption of nutrients and therefore may interfere with the absorption of certain medications associated with certain diseases.
1. Blood pressure – amlodipine
Beverage consumption and caffeine May temporarily increase blood pressure.What’s more, when consumption becomes habitual and in large quantities, it can lead to Moderate increase Blood pressure is continuous. This increase may be due to a variety of reasons, with people being more sensitive to caffeine-induced increases in blood pressure.
However, if you run into problems blood pressure Problems can arise when you are taking medications because while the pills try to lower your heart rate, coffee increases it.
Medications like amlodipine can reduce their effectiveness and increase your heart rate when mixed with coffee.Although it is recommended avoid their combinationsthis will not endanger your life.
2. Thyroid – Levothyroxine
People with thyroid problems often take the following medications Levothyroxine.
When this medication is mixed with coffee, its absorption may be affected, so it is recommended avoid mixing.
he national health service The UK’s National Health Service (NHS) recommends taking caffeine 30 minutes before consuming it to get its full effect.
3. Asthma – Aminophylline or theophylline
People with asthma usually receive the following treatments Bronchodilators Such as aminophylline or theophylline.This drug can cause Relax your airwaysso drinking caffeine can cause headaches, upset stomach, restlessness, and irritability.
At the same time, this also means reduced absorption Drug.
4. Mental illness – antidepressants, anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping pills
should take medications to treat anxiety, insomnia, depression, or other mental illnesses One or two hours after drinking coffee. While many drugs are designed to relax the mind, caffeine activates the brain.
An example is the case of drugs weakused to treat mental illness.
5. Diabetes – Insulin
IAmerican Diabetes Association A study conducted showed that consuming caffeine can Increase insulin and blood sugar levels in the blood.
The more caffeine you consume, the harder it is to regulate your blood sugar.This makes increased risk of complications Related to diabetes.
6. Allergies and Colds – Fexofenadine
Medications used to treat allergies and colds contain the following ingredients: Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride.These can be mixed with coffee Stimulate the central nervous systemincreasing symptoms of irritability, irritability and insomnia.
Generally speaking, tablet computers fexofenadine These medicines should be consumed and avoid taking them with fatty foods, soft drinks, coffee, or juice, as these can change the effects of the medicine.