According to the Washington Post, MSNBC announced that Hassan’s program, which was broadcast on Sunday evening, had been removed from broadcast under the name of “weekend streaming restructuring.”
While MSNBC became the subject of criticism after this announcement, viewers asked the channel if Hassan was being punished for his statements regarding the Israeli attacks on Gaza.
Member of the US House of Representatives, Ro Khanna, one of the people who reacted to stopping the broadcast of Hassan’s programs, said in a post on a photo on the social media platform that the channel, as a defender of freedom of expression, owes an explanation for this decision. Why did they choose to do this now?” he said.
Former MSNBC host Cenk Uygur, a Turkish-American citizen, commented that Hasan’s show was canceled “not only because he was treating Muslims like real people, but also because he really challenged his guests.”
The newspaper also reported that Hassan, whose show has been taken off the air, will continue his work as a “co-anchor” at MSNBC.
Hassan’s questions to Regev spread very quickly
Hassan Mark Regev, senior advisor to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for foreign affairs and international communications, asked: Do you admit that you killed children in Gaza? The question spread on social media.
The broadcaster responded to Hassan’s response to Regev: “I saw with my own eyes the bodies of many children being pulled out from under the rubble. Firstly, you do not know how these people died, these children?” His statements and comments about the Israeli attacks on Gaza received nearly 6 million views on the social media platform X.
* The visual of the news was presented from the video of the news.