The Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas movement, launched a comprehensive attack on Israel on the morning of October 7, calling it the “Al-Aqsa Flood.” The Israeli army also began attacking the Gaza Strip with dozens of warplanes.
Intense air attack on Gaza
The Israeli army has been bombing the Gaza Strip, where about 2.3 million Palestinians live, day and night for 22 days. Israeli attacks targeting all areas of the Gaza Strip in the north of the region intensified last night.
The Israeli army initially carried out intense attacks on the Beit Hanoun area in the northern Gaza Strip with howitzers yesterday evening. Following the howitzer attacks, the Israeli army launched an intense air attack on northern Gaza, especially Beit Hanoun.
The deadliest air attack carried out by Israel on Gaza since October 7
Frequently dropped bomb fires lit up the skies of Gaza, which had been in complete darkness because Israel cut off electricity and did not allow fuel to enter. Israeli planes dropped bombs one after another on the area for about an hour.
While the sounds of explosions reached the city of Sderot on the Israeli side, residents of the area confirmed that the attacks launched by Israel this evening are the heaviest bombing since October 7. The Israeli army continues to bombard the area with howitzers as well as air strikes.
Communications lines were cut in Gaza
On the other hand, it was reported that communications with the besieged Gaza Strip were cut off.
The Palestinian Telecommunications Company “Jawwal” announced in a post on its social media account that all telephone and Internet services in Gaza had stopped.
The post said that the infrastructure in the region was damaged due to the intense bombing carried out by Israel, and “Gaza was cut off from the world.”
Hamas: Cutting off communications in Gaza is a harbinger of increasing massacres
The Hamas movement issued a written statement after Israel intensified its bombing of the besieged Gaza Strip since the evening hours and cut off the Internet and communications throughout Gaza.
The statement said, “The interruption of communications and the Internet in the Gaza Strip and the increasing bombing of settlements from land, sea and air are an indication of the occupying Israel’s intention to commit more massacres away from the eyes of the press and the world.”
He stated that “full responsibility for the terrible massacres and their repercussions” in Gaza “lies with Israel, Washington, and other Western capitals that support them.”
From: We have lost contact with Gaza
The World Health Organization said: “We have lost contact with our staff, health facilities and partners in Gaza. We call for the immediate protection of civilians and the provision of humanitarian assistance.” He made the statement.
Thousands of people died
It was reported that 1,400 Israelis, including 310 soldiers, were killed and 5,132 Israelis were injured in the attacks carried out from Gaza.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza announced that the number of martyrs of the Israeli aggression on Gaza had risen to 7,326, including 3,038 children, 1,726 women, and 414 elderly people, and 18,967 people were injured.
(tags for translation)Israel