The sheath dress (black), that the French designer Coco Chanel invented in 1926, it was for years the object of great desire by girls and women all over the world, after seeing it (in the Givenchy version) – very elegant – worn by Holly Goligthly. Aka the character played by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. In fact, that is the springboard for one of the most famous and loved cocktail dresses of all time, the sheath dress, which today lives again, thanks to the great creativity of fashion, in numerous versions, to be suitable for every look and style. All about more particular elegant sheath dressesseen between street style and red carpets.
When the sheath dress is the right fashion choice to wear
Be it in its classic black version, extremely refined, or declined in different colors, the sheath dress it’s one of those bosses basicswhich certainly cannot be missing in the wardrobe.
The short or midi cut and sleeveless, specially designed by Coco Chanel, to be able to adapt to any style occasion, from the most elegant and rigorous to the most casual and comfortable ones. You just need to know how to adapt the right accessories. For example, combined with an eye-catching pearl necklace, or even with beautiful earrings and bracelets, and a pair of refined décolleté, the sheath dress is what you need to shine during a party or special celebrationbut also a gala dinner. But the sheath dress it is also the perfect dress for everyday life. With a pair of slingbacks or ankle boots and sneakers, and outerwear – like a long coat, a denim jacket or, why not, a leather biker jacket.
The most beautiful and particular elegant sheath dresses of 2023
Icon of elegant looks, capable of praising less is more, the sheath dress does not get ready to diminish its great popularity, covering itself with ever new interpretations, sometimes even strange and extravagant. What are the most beautiful and particular elegant sheath dresses of 2023 and where to find them.
- The sheath dress asymmetrical. The defined lines of a classic sheath dress are now represented in innovative cuts that give the garment bon ton a more dynamic mood. This is the case of the numerous sheath dresses with asymmetrical cut, capable of falling, with their fabric, longer on one side and shorter on the other, to simulate a generous slit. And if they are embellished with an eye-catching neckline, the glance is guaranteed. A sheath dress like this? It can also be purchased from MyTheresa.
- For Jennifer Lopez, the elegant sheath dress is white, with a decorated bodice. A real gem of a dress the one chosen by the Latin pop star in one of her many public appearances. Very particular, the sheath dress Jlo a white, body-hugging skirt, sewn onto a nude bodice with gorgeous black inlays. Must have!
- Looking for a not too rigorous sheath dress, perfect for evening outings with friends? The perfect advice comes from asoswhich presents the iconic dress in a mini version and fitted at the waist, enlivened by all the beauty of a boat neckline exalted by soft flounces. Paired with the right earrings, the glam effect is guaranteed.
- The little blue dress. The particularity ofcocktail dress chosen by Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle? It’s not so much in the cut – in this case the sheath dress has a classic snug shape and midi length, embellished with short sleeves – but in the beautiful colour. A full blue, perfect to wear every day to give light to the next spring days.
- Victoria Beckham queen of style, and sheath dresses! Certainly the famous one could not be missing Posh Spice in the list of the most beautiful, interesting and peculiar sheath dresses of the stars, which have seen the light of television programs or red carpets. The model chosen by the British singer and designer is gray, tight-fitting and knee-length. Nothing so extravagant, except that to embellish it, catching a thousand glances, it has a cut out neckline as a real eye catcher.
- The 1920s making a comeback in fashion with a brand new sheath dress. Whether it’s for a themed party or just because you particularly love style vintagethis sheath dress by Guess it is the dress to absolutely have in the wardrobe in 2023. Black, with a mini cut and strapless, but with a sweetheart neckline, it is very bright due to the thousands of sequins applied to its fabric. The key accessory, however, to make it even more special, is the one represented by a hem of feathers.
- Draped and one-shouldered, to feel like a latest generation Greek goddess. Second Imperial the perfect elegant sheath dress is the one that follows the lines of the most famous dresses of theAncient Greece, however, making them much more modern and ideal for today. The brand’s proposal, to be worn both on special occasions and during more casual parties, is that of a cream-colored mini sheath dress with a very simple cut, except that the one-shoulder bodice is delicately draped to enjoy a unique dynamism.