The change of seasons into the rainy season not only brings relief from the heat, but also brings The emergence of various seasonal diseases.this Humidity and weather conditions The characteristics of this season create an environment conducive to the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms and increase the risk of contracting diseases.
However, with the right information and precautions, you can enjoy the rain safely and healthily.
In addition, this season will also affect infrastructure and people’s movement. Poor road conditions and landslides can make the delivery of health care services and essential supplies difficult.
Common diseases and their prevention and control during the rainy season
1. Respiratory tract infection:
With rain, respiratory infections like the common cold and flu increase. Viral transmission is more common in closed environments due to crowding, so precautions must be taken.
- Maintain proper hand hygiene.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Get a flu shot if recommended by a health professional.
2. Dengue fever and other mosquito-borne diseases:
rain creates place mosquito breedingincreases the risk of diseases such as dengue fever, Zika virus and fever Chikungunya.
- Eliminate containers containing standing water from the environment.
- Use mosquito repellent.
- Wear clothing that covers most of your body.
3. Gastrointestinal diseases:
Water and food contamination is more common during the rainy season and can lead to illnesses such as diarrhea.
- Drink water and cooked food.
- Wash your hands before eating and after using the toilet.
- Avoid eating in unhygienic places.
4. Skin conditions: Moisture can cause skin problems such as fungus and rashes.
- Keep skin dry and clean.
- Wear appropriate clothing to protect against rain and cold.
- If you have ongoing skin problems, see a dermatologist.
5. Leptospirosis: The disease, which is spread by rodents such as rats, is more common during the rainy season as the animals seek shelter in dry places.
- Contact with stagnant or muddy water should be avoided.
- Make sure your environment is rodent-free.