According to dermatologist Cristina Eguren (@dracristinaeguren_derma), Most Mediterranean skin is oily. “100% of men and 90% of women have oily or combination skin“, he promised. To stay clean, experts recommend using a cleansing gel or micro-exfoliant in the morning: “You can use it every day for oily skin, and every other day for dry skin.”suggestion.
To be precise, there’s a category of powder-based cleansers that are making great strides, promising blemish-free, softer, more even-toned skin. This hybrid makeup product is somewhere between a soft facial foam and an exfoliant, making it ideal for combination and oily skin at least. That is, for almost everyone. Due to its high tolerance, it can be used daily. “This type of facial cleansing can prevent oily to combination skin from producing more facial sebum, clogged pores, blemishes, acne and the appearance of marks if the sun also hits us”said Laia Puig, Head of Cosmetics at LPG. The areas that benefit most are the so-called T-zone: forehead, nose and chin.
What effective active ingredients does cleansing powder contain?
They often contain ingredients of plant origin (papaya and pineapple extracts), so they can be used every day even on sensitive skin, and their action respects the skin barrier more than mechanical or chemical exfoliants (alpha-hydroxy acids). “They gently exfoliate, eliminating impurities, oil and even pollution particles, and reducing blemishes and irregularities”, of course Laia Puig. Of course, if they contain chemical exfoliants, you should limit their use to twice a week. Make sure they contain one or more of the following ingredients:
- malic acid: “Hits for collagen formation (restores firmness and elasticity) and is one of the star ingredients in exfoliants as it removes dead cells from the skin, eliminates impurities, tightens pores, unifies skin tone, softens texture and Restore “Brightness”commented Laia Puig.
- succinic acid: “Regulates pH and controls excess sebum in oily skin. It is also an antioxidant, so it can fight signs of aging caused by oxidative stress.”According to this expert. Best of all: It gently exfoliates and improves skin texture without drying it out.
- Antioxidant vitamins C and E: “These molecules neutralize free radicals, preventing them from damaging cells and their DNA, which means they can prevent the appearance of expression lines, wrinkles, spots and even skin cancer. Additionally, they have a synergistic effect, meaning one enhances the other kind.”The person in charge of LPG cosmetics said.
- red camellia: Rejuvenating flower that prevents and corrects five signs of aging (expression lines, telangiectasia, enlarged pores, loss of luster and elasticity). Additionally, it combats the effects of pollution particles on the skin. Cleanses, purifies and brightens skin.
- white clay: Also known as kaolin clay, it is a well-known purifying active as it removes dead cells, sebum, and toxins that clog pores. In addition to restoring the luster of the epidermis, it also cleanses and softens it.
- papaya extract: “It is a highly regarded active ingredient in cosmetics for its exfoliating, regenerating and softening properties. “It contains an enzyme called papain, which restores the skin’s even tone, moisturizes the skin and softens the skin’s texture. “According to Laia Puig.
- pineapple extract: Rich in antioxidant vitamins C and E. Also contains an enzyme called bromelain and contains high concentrations of AHA (alpha hydroxy acid). “So it has exfoliating and regenerating abilities to produce new collagen, unclog pores, unify skin tone and soften skin.”According to this expert. Its anti-inflammatory abilities make it an ideal ingredient for oily or acne-prone skin.
How effective is cleansing powder?
You have to put about half a teaspoon of powder on the palm of your hand, add a few drops of water and rub it with your hands to create a fine foam, mixing everything together. Remember, these powders activate upon contact with water and transform into a soft, creamy lather. Then you have to massage it for a minute and rinse it off with warm water. “Recommended to use at least twice a week for visibly smoother, even-toned skin.”According to Laia Puig.