Have you ever wanted to talk sports directly with Tom Brady? Meta wants to give you the experience of your dreams.
Today, the company hosted Meta Connect 2023, its annual developer conference. In addition to revealing more details about the Meta Quest 3 mixed reality headset, which will officially start shipping on October 10, the company also showed off some of its work in the field of artificial intelligence, specifically some new generative AI experiences.
AI Stickers is a new experience that allows you to create stickers based on text prompts on your phone. These stickers can be used in WhatsApp, Messenger and Instagram. The company also launched a feature that uses artificial intelligence to edit photos, allowing users to say “surround me with puppies” from a photo in their camera roll.
Using Llama 2’s technology and our image generation base model called Emu, our AI tool turns your text prompts into multiple unique, high-quality stickers in seconds. The new feature will roll out to select English-speaking users in WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram and Facebook Stories next month, providing infinitely more options to communicate how you’re feeling at any given time. AI stickers will be rolled out to select English-speaking users next month.
Perhaps the company’s most interesting announcements about generative artificial intelligence are in the realm of chatbots. In addition to Meta AI, the company has also released 28 other artificial intelligence chatbots that you can interact with on WhatsApp, Messenger, and Instagram. What’s even more interesting is that these AIs are modeled after celebrities like Mr. Beast, Snoop Dogg, and Tom Brady. You can check out the full list of characters you can interact with below:
- Charlie D’Amelio Playing the role of Coco, a dance lover
- chris paul Perry helps you perfect your shot as a pro golfer
- Dwyane Wade Inspire you to be the best version of yourself as triathlete Victor
- Izzy Adesanya Plays Luiz, a flamboyant MMA rookie who can back up his trash talk
- Kendall Jenner ace Billie, no nonsense, ride or die companion
- Raul DIY Play Dylan, the eccentric DIY and craft guru and Gen Z companion
- mr beast Play Zach, the big brother who’ll roast you – because he cares
- Naomi Osaka Play Tamika, an anime-obsessed Sailor Senshi in training
- Paris Hilton Playing the role of Amber, the detective partner who solves detective novels
- Raven Ross Play Angie, the queen of fitness classes that balances fitness and meditation
- Cai Roy Play as Max, an experienced sous chef offering cooking tips and tricks
- Sam Cole Play as Sally, the free-spirited friend who tells you when to take a deep breath
- snoop dogg As a Dungeon Master, choose your own adventure with the Dungeon Master
- tom brady Playing Bru, a sports debater who spares no effort and is full of wisdom
The company said it is “launching beta in the U.S. today” and will “add new characters played by Bear Grylls, Chloe Kim and Josh Richards, among others, in the coming weeks.”
Meta also announced Meta AI, its new assistant that will work across the company’s apps and devices — essentially its own Siri, Google Assistant, or Alexa. Meta AI will be available on WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses and Meta Quest 3, the company said.
Imagine you and your friends are in a group chat discussing which trailhead to try in Santa Cruz. Meta AI displays options directly in chat, so you can decide as a team which locations you want to explore. What if after your hike you want a creative way to commemorate the day? Meta-artificial intelligence can help. Type “@MetaAI /imagine” followed by a descriptive text prompt such as “Create a button badge with a hiker and a redwood tree” and it will create a digital merit badge in chats with friends.
We’ll see how these experiences play out as we get our hands on them, but one thing is clear: Mark Zuckerberg, like nearly every other tech CEO these days, is working hard to turn his company around Turn to artificial intelligence.