Vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, cramps, general malaise, fever…these are all Typical symptoms of gastroenteritis.
most of the time due to VirusAlthough it can also happen due to a bacterial infection, overeating, eating spoiled food (food poisoning) or simply because of a specific feeling bad (an intolerance).
To relieve gastroenteritis and avoid complications, we recommend A 4-Phase Plan That Doesn’t Fail.
The first hours of gastroenteritis
within the first 12-24 hours Convenient Most importantly, stay hydrated Replenishment of Fluids and Electrolytes Disappeared with vomiting and diarrhea.
The ideal way to rehydrate is to take an oral serum (you can buy them at the pharmacy), though drinking liquids with mineral salts (Alkaline Lemonade, a homemade oral serum), unsweetened infusions (chamomile and green fennel help reduce nausea) or water Water is also useful. A few drops of lemonade. About two liters should be ingested.To do this, the guiding principle to follow is to take some steps 2 tablespoons every 5 minutes.
In the video, Dr. Pere Beato, President of SEMERGEN Catalonia, details what we can do to feel better about ourselves.
You can eat a little after 24 hours
12-24 hours later You can start eating little by little. But after not eating anything solid for a day, Better start with nonfat yogurt Rich in bifidobacteria (helps restore gut flora damaged by diarrhea and is easy to digest).
if well tolerated next meal may be white rice with boiled chicken
Introduce a light diet for gastroenteritis
After period digestive breakmay experience less discomfort, but loss of appetite. It is recommended not to force the machine Because things could get worse.
Time to introduce a bland diet Divide into frequent, small portions and eat easily digestible, astringent foods (white rice, cooked potatoes and carrots, biscuits, cooked ham, well-set tortillas, chicken breast, and boiled or grilled white fish).
As for the fruit, Stick to Bananas and Papayas. Grated apples and pears, stewed or baked, also soothe the stomach.
when the stomach returns to normal
you can get back to normal.When the development of gastroenteritis is favorable (usually 3 or 4 days are enough), it is necessary to start a “normal diet”, but common senseThat is smooth.
retrieve vegetables avoid the most flatulent (cabbage, raw onion) and see Facts on Nuts, Whole Grains and Legumes.
oral serum formula
he The preparation method of self-made oral serum is as follows:
- 1 liter of water.
- 2 tbsp. sugar.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Juice of 2 lemons.
Common Mistakes During Gastroenteritis Recovery
Sometimes they stubbornly believe that they can relieve symptoms, but this is not the case.
- Commercial isotonic drink. They are used as a substitute for serums, but their use is not recommended, especially for children and the elderly.
- Self-medicate. It is wrong to take antibiotics or antidiarrheal medicines unless directed by your doctor. Dietary measures are enough.
- eat everything in a hurry. There may be no discomfort after 24 hours, but soft foods must be eaten for the next few days so as not to irritate the stomach.
Beware of Excess Fiber
Not for you. Even if you find yourself completely healed, Avoid fiber-rich fruit for the first 5 days Such as kiwi or plums, so as not to overactivate intestinal transit. don’t drink coffee.
Dietary advice when you have gastroenteritis
- 2 liters of oral serum or alkaline lemon water.
the next day.
- breakfast: Unsweetened chamomile. yogurt.
- mid morning: Chamomile infusion.
- a meal: Cook white rice with lemon. roast chicken. Baked apples.
- snack: Chamomile. yogurt.
- dinner: White rice and carrot soup. Steamed Hake with Lemon. Chamomile.
- breakfast: Lemon balm infusion. yogurt.
- halftomorrow: White bread toast with papaya.
- a meal: Mashed potatoes and carrots. Steam cod. banana.
- snack: Chamomile. White bread with ham.
- dinner: Leek and carrot soup. corn cake. yogurt.
- breakfast: infusion. Whole grain toast with apple compote.
- mid morning: yogurt.
- a meal: Vegetables with rice. Chicken with zucchini. Peach.
- snack: infusion. Bread with fresh cheese.
- dinner: Vegetable wok. Sardines with potatoes. banana.